D810 Unlimited Continuous Shooting?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Can someone explain why this is necessary or even a listed feature? I noticed that the limit on the D800 was 100 frames. Why would you even need more than 100 pictures at a time? Especially since you can just hold down the shutter and get as many pics as you want in rapid fire until your buffer/card fills up.

skene

Well... from what I get out of this...Nikon D810 | PhotographyBLOG

"Additional creative capabilities include unlimited continuous shooting that lets you capture countless JPEGs and produce spectacular light-trail photography.

So when merging you can get some insane shots... besides all else the buffer/write speed size must be pretty big to allow something like this, even in jpg mode.
What I look forward is more over the ability to adjust raw sizes. Offering a 9mp small raw size. That and the "Flat" setting and native ISO 64...

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Oh quit pulling our legs... You know marketing has nothing to do with practical necessity.

You really had me going there for a minute, Big Guy!

Very true!

Hey I don't need to go the record 267.8mph top speed that my new Bugatti Veyron Super Sport* can do, but if I'm ever find myself on a vacant runway or a very large banked circular track, that's exactly what I'll do. But chances are I'll never get that chance, so I'll have to settle for theoretical large balls.

*doesn't actually own this car and never will

BackdoorArts

I think all it means is that they are not putting a hard and fast cap on the number of consecutive shots you can take. You may run out of buffer long before you hit the old cap of 100, but if you just want to set a trigger in such a way that it'll just keep shooting, it won't stop you at 100 any more. I'm guessing the only way you can pile up images well beyond that is in DX mode shooting small JPEGs. Would be enough for a stitch fest.