Hi from Toronto

TankCla

Hello
My name is Claus, I am from Toronto, Canada.

Hope to learn and find good advice on this forum, since I am new in this field. I am not making a business out of it, but I want more from my pictures.

RocketCowboy

Howdy Claus! I think you'll find a lot of help and hints from Nikonites. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TankCla

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!
So far I don't have a DSRL. I am looking at d3300 and d5300.
I don't know if wifi and 39 focus points makes the 250$ difference.

RocketCowboy

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!
So far I don't have a DSRL. I am looking at d3300 and d5300.
I don't know if wifi and 39 focus points makes the 250$ difference.

Don't forget the GPS! :)

Depending on your budget, I might suggest the D3300 and use the $250 price difference under the D5300 for lens(es). While I've been very happy with my D5300, the GPS and Wifi capabilities which led me to that model have been disappointing. If I ruled those two features out initially, I probably would have made a different choice. Either model will help give you the tools to get great pictures as I believe both the D3300 and D5300 share the same sensor, so get what fits your needs.

TankCla

This is exactly I was thinking. I can put those money into another lens.
Now I have to understand better the lenses.
I've been using a fujifilm hs20 bridge camera with no need of understanding different lenses.
Now, since I am discovering my photographic passion, I am more a close up person.
I like high detail pictures, and since I am a reefer, I like close ups in low light of my corals.
HS20 does have the "muscle" to do this, that is why I am looking for a good entry level DSRL.
I already rule out Canon. So, Nikon will be, with what lenses, I still have to decide.

TankCla

Ok guys, just got my first DSLR: Nikon D5300 with 18-55mm lens.
I got a better body for long run. Lens I can buy anytime. I have in plan 35mm f1.8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketCowboy

Ok guys, just got my first DSLR: Nikon D5300 with 18-55mm lens.
I got a better body for long run. Lens I can buy anytime. I have in plan 35mm f1.8.

I think you'll enjoy the 35mm F1.8! Post up in the D5300 sub-forum if you have any questions and I'll try to share my experiences with that camera where I can. Congrats on the purchase!