Hello from California

BoisePhoto

Hi everyone,

Just got back into photography. Bought a Nikon D7100 and loving it. Live in the Los Angeles area and enjoy the outdoors and photography of course. I am looking for a tripod, can anyone suggest a good one? I've heard Manfrotto is good along with a ball head. Any suggestions?

BoisePhoto

Thank you for the warm welcome. Guess I should have payed closer attention yo my post, that should have been Hello from California : )

BoisePhoto

Thanks! How do you like your D7100? I got mine about a week ago and love it but have a lot to learn. I'm trying to re-learn f-stops, depth of field, aperture, etc. I want to use manual settings primarily. Any tips or recommendations on using the D7100?

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Hi everyone,

Just got back into photography. Bought a Nikon D7100 and loving it. Live in the Los Angeles area and enjoy the outdoors and photography of course. I am looking for a tripod, can anyone suggest a good one? I've heard Manfrotto is good along with a ball head. Any suggestions?

I bought a Mefoto Roadtrip Tripod that breaks down into a monopod without using any tools. It's a great tripod and a good price! Welcome to Nikonites!

bea1350q1bl.jpg

BoisePhoto

Thanks, I'm finding this tripod for around $189.00. After researching for the past hour it becomes very confusing on which is the best to buy in a $200 to $400 price range. This looks like a good choice though.

fotojack

Hi, and welcome to Nikonites. Congrats on your new D7100. :)

A tip on buying a tripod and ball head combo: make sure it can support twice the weight of the gear you want to mount on it.

If you PM me your email address, I can send you a Setup Guide for your camera......no charge. :)

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks! How do you like your D7100? I got mine about a week ago and love it but have a lot to learn. I'm trying to re-learn f-stops, depth of field, aperture, etc. I want to use manual settings primarily. Any tips or recommendations on using the D7100?

My D7100 is a year old and I still love it. Here are some tips that were written by a fellow Nikonite grandpaw (Jeff) and many apply to the D7100.
Nikon D7000 tips

donaldjledet

Welcome and enjoy your stay.
The D7100 is awesome use af-c and aperture priority
a lot.have had it for a little over a year and still
learning.

RocketCowboy

Howdy from Dallas! I'm just getting back into photography as well, but this is my first dabble with digital SLRs.

I've been looking as the MeFOTOs as well. I have an older Manfrotto from my earlier days, but it does not fold down small enough to pack into a suitcase so I'm looking for alternatives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BoisePhoto

I bought a Nikon d7100 and am getting familiar with it; love the camera. Been reading as much as I can to get back into the manual operations of the camera.