Straps

PaulPosition

The black and yellow neck strap? They show how to in the first few pages of your camera's manual, where they tel you to charge batteries and remove lens cap and such silly stuff. ;)

I just realised the straps I got weren't put together right. I couldn't work out what this extra bit that the straps feed through was for, it just seemed to get in the way and confuse matters when I was adjusting them. And then there were the end bits that were always hitting me in the face. Ha ha ha, someone only went and put the bits on the wrong way round, the extra bit (whatever the technical term for it is) is for feeding the end bit through so it doesn't hit you on the face! It need to go on before the loopy bit, not after. Still need detachable options.

BackdoorArts

There aren't a lot of decent detachable straps out there. I have a pair of great Domke straps that detach only the neck pad, which is great for when you're out and need to remove a "sail" for a long exposure on tripod on a windy day, but not for totally removing the strap.

What I did was get a couple small but sturdy snap hooks from Tractor supply and attached them to my strap, and then put a couple small but sturdy lock rings from small key rings on the camera. Strap comes on and off in seconds. Been carrying around a D800 and D600 for months with no incidents or failures.

Yes I was thinking that would be fairly easy to arrange something like that, I may even have some small clips from an old strap that came with something else I bought years ago that I didn't throw out..