New D610 convert

Birelwf

Hi All,

just took the plunge and got myself a D610:glee:, along with a kit lens so looking forward to getting to know it and hopefully have some fun with it as everyone
on here seems to have. Coming from Pentax so will need to get myself some glass to get the best from it

Hope to pick up some hints from those that have experience on here to get the best from it

thanks

Birelwf

Funnily enough it was a Canon user who suggested I went for it rather than the 6D as he said it was a better camera IQ wise
it also felt better in the hand

thanks for the comments

Moab Man

Funnily enough it was a Canon user who suggested I went for it rather than the 6D as he said it was a better camera IQ wise
it also felt better in the hand

thanks for the comments

I recently did a photo shoot side-by-side for four days with the Canon 6D, and while for some reason it's supposed to be a comparative model from Canon, it is definitely not the D600/610's equal. It is a great camera, but your friend steered you correctly to the D610.

Fortkentdad

Great minds think alike, bought a D610 two weeks ago. Had a D5100 and been talking my dearly beloved ear off about whether I should go FF and get a D610 or save some money and get the great D7100 (or wait until the fall when the new D7200 is expected). ... I guess I talked too much. At a camera store she said just buy the one you really really want and don't settle for something else because it is cheaper.

She even bought me a 60mm Macro lens to go with it for my 60th Birthday last week.

I am really enjoying this new toy.

But now, having emptied the savings account I'm looking for a good cheap lens to go with it. I have two old film SLR lenses that work but having seen the beautiful images from the new 60mm I want more like that.