Learning basics via audio books, podcasts, etc.

bmilcs

Hello fellow Nikonites!

My name's Bryan and I've been shooting with a D7000 for a month or two now. Like many of you out there, I work a full time job and have a family so free time is limited.

The best resources I've found for learning to make pictures are PODCASTS! Personally, I've only explored photofocus which has proven to be a great resource - full of professional knowledge. However, I was hoping to find maybe an audiobook or another podcast that dives into the basics of photography.

Key points I want to learn about are 1) Composition, 2) Lighting, 3) Gear, etc. Are there any specific podcasts or audiobooks that dive into each topic almost like an online course or workshop - explaining the main topics of photography - more geared towards the amateur beginner?

Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

quitribo

Hi Bryan,
I am also a newbie and pretty much in the same position like you, I found youtube channels such as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-NhJua5NFA is quite useful for busy people like us (You can enter the channel however my purpose to display other channels on the right panel so you can view them)
You can convert and store them into your mobile phone or ipad or whatever using the "Format Factory" which you can download it free online.
Best of luck

Moab Man

What kind of photography are you wanting to learn? Each has its own skills to develop so we can shove you in the right direction.

bmilcs

Thanks for the youtube link.

Well, I've been dabbling with sports photography (stepson's baseball games), but mostly product shots - for ebay / shave of the day pictures and family. Portraits, full body shots, etc.

dickelfan

Some that I have found useful are:

Improve Photography - has podcast and webpage
Full Time Photographer with Josh Rossi - good podcast that deals more with people in the industry but is good

The Grid Live - broadcast every Wed on the internet and all the previous episodes are available as well. With Scott Kelby and Matt Koslowski, great show I really enjoy the blind critique shows the best.

bmilcs

Some that I have found useful are:

Improve Photography - has podcast and webpage
Full Time Photographer with Josh Rossi - good podcast that deals more with people in the industry but is good

The Grid Live - broadcast every Wed on the internet and all the previous episodes are available as well. With Scott Kelby and Matt Koslowski, great show I really enjoy the blind critique shows the best.

Sweet! Thank you my friend.