Pics with D7100 and Nikkor 18-300 f/5.6

Woodyg3

Contributor
So I finally got out to give my new D7100 and 18-300 a real workout. Here are some shots at medium, wide angle, and some significantly cropped 300mm shots. I feel like the lens and camera are performing really well. These are JPEGs since I can't shoot RAW until I upgrade my software (or finally get that iMac I've been lusting after.)

treesreflecting.jpg

bluewheel.jpg

blueheron2.jpg

osprey2.jpg

aroy

Nikon software runs on XP 32 also. So if you have XP try both View NX which comes with the camera and Capture NX-D beta which is free. All my images are processed with Capture NX-D beta.

Patrick M

I guess we're tad off topic, but it's important not just to get the right software, but more important that you get a monitor that shows your photos properly.

On topic again....I love those shots - especially the first one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

BackdoorArts

So I finally got out to give my new D7100 and 18-300 a real workout. Here are some shots at medium, wide angle, and some significantly cropped 300mm shots. I feel like the lens and camera are performing really well. These are JPEGs since I can't shoot RAW until I upgrade my software (or finally get that iMac I've been lusting after.)

treesreflecting.jpg

This one is messing with me. Is that some kind of barrier cutting across the center? Looks like a weird splice, but the trees run through it.

Blacktop

It's definitely not a splice. If you look at the shadows, you can see that trees on the far side are casting a shadow over on to this side.
It's pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Woodyg3

Contributor
Nikon software runs on XP 32 also. So if you have XP try both View NX which comes with the camera and Capture NX-D beta which is free. All my images are processed with Capture NX-D beta.

Thanks, but I come from the Mac side of things. I need to update to system 10.9. I might just go ahead and get an iMac, since I've always kinda' wanted one.

I guess we're tad off topic, but it's important not just to get the right software, but more important that you get a monitor that shows your photos properly.

On topic again....I love those shots - especially the first one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I agree about the monitor. That's part of my future upgrade plans.

Thanks also for the complement on the shots.

This one is messing with me. Is that some kind of barrier cutting across the center? Looks like a weird splice, but the trees run through it.

LOL. There's a concrete spillway that causes this area to pool up.

Skwaz

Hi woody
Great pics were they hand held and did you use vr
I have trouble getting sharp pics hand held although my lens doesn't have vr
I try to get a high shutter speeding
I'm thinking vr is the way to go

zutty

I just got a new iMac and it really is great for editing. I got the 512 SS drive and put 24 gig ram and it's lightning fast and the monitor is great with RAW and TIFF.