Mollie - NSFW!

Blacktop

Imagine if you shot this with even a halfway decent DSLR that butt would be smooth as hell, and would just pop right out at you.

DraganDL

Not for D-76 1:1

Uh-huh! D-76 - it's been MILLENNIUMS since last time I immersed an Ilford negative into that developer (and any other type, for that matter). I mainly used Ilford's products 100-400 ASA and Ilford papers (b&w).
My Gods (under the command of Odin) - I even used to MAKE D-76 from the components bought in a local chemistry shop (there is still it's recipe - copyright by Kodak, yes Sir! - collecting dust in some of the shelves, I believe)!:excitement:

Last edited:

STM

Uh-huh! D-76 - it's been MILLENNIUMS since last time I immersed an Ilford negative into that developer (and any other type, for that matter). I mainly used Ilford's products 100-400 ASA and Ilford papers (b&w).
My Gods (under the command of Odin) - I even used to MAKE D-76 from the components bought in a local chemistry shop (there is still it's recipe - copyright by Kodak, yes Sir! - collecting dust in some of the shelves, I believe)!:excitement:

D-76 provides very good latitude and preserves detail in the lower zones. So it produces a little more grain. Are you allergic to grain? It is, after all a PART of the TRUE photographic process.

Last edited:

STM

Imagine if you shot this with even a halfway decent DSLR that butt would be smooth as hell, and would just pop right out at you.

Are you also allergic to grain? Have you ever shot film?

Given the choice I will always choose film over digital. Digital looks PLASTIC. Film has a character digital will never capture. If I want grainless images I will shoot with the Hasseblad.

Last edited:

Browncoat

I love this guy. Every time he posts, this is all I can think of:

GrumpyFilmGuy.jpg

John P

I LOVE gritty, grainy black and white.
I'll take grain over digital noise any day.
I really like shooting street photography with 400 speed black and white film.

Rick M

I LOVE gritty, grainy black and white.
I'll take grain over digital noise any day.
I really like shooting street photography with 400 speed black and white film.

Yes, but, film can be smooth too. Overly grainy can look just as fake as overly smoothed digital.

STM

I'm fond of grain and film, I'm assuming your intent was to go extremely grainy?

No, it was developed at 68º degrees. Now this one I DID intentionally increase the grain for effect, by 1. using TX and 2. developing in D-76 undiluted at 75º

Blacktop

Are you also allergic to grain? Have you ever shot film?

Given the choice I will always choose film over digital. Digital looks PLASTIC. Film has a character digital will never capture. If I want grainless images I will shoot with the Hasseblad.

No ,not allergic to grain, I just don't like it. That's just me though. If you like that sort of thing more power to you.
Yea I shot plenty film, when it was all we had. Then digital came out and it was like, wow! Night and day. I'll shoot with my Galaxy S3 before I spend another dime on film. But that's just me. Go knock yourself out.:beaten:

Iron lung

Don't get me wrong. I love the fact that with digital I can toss away any failed shots with no cost to me and I love smooth grain free shots but that's just my preference, but Grainy portrait shots are super cool. Gain can add multitudes of character t a shot and I love these shots.