Hello from Houston!

nononadanope

Hello!

I'm Adam. I don't frequent forums much but I figured I would join a couple related to photography in hopes of learning more and being able to talk with fellow photography enthusiasts.

I have been fascinated by photography since I was a kid. My first camera was a N60. In 2006, I bough my first DSLR which was the D80 and that's when I began to get into photography more. I took a private lesson from a professional photography and was hoping to become a professional at some point but a couple years later; I stopped doing photography, mainly due to anxiety and other stuff. Last year, I bought a D600 when it first came out and got back into photography and started. I only have 2 lenses. One is a Nikon 28mm Wide Angle prime and the other is a Tamron 28-75mm. I use a 15" MacBook Pro with Retina display which has Lightroom 5 and Photoshop 6. My anxiety and being an introvert does prevent me from going out and taking photographs but I'm working on that. I have tried a few niches, such as Landscape, Nature, and Still-Life. My favorite niche is Automotive photography because I love cars for one thing but I also feel more creative when taking photographs of them. I've only taken photographs of my own cars though but once I get the anxiety under-control, I want to go out to car shows and get photos of other cars. I'm also into Still-Life photography because I enjoy having to create a photograph. If I was to become a professional, I would focus on Automotive and Still-Life. I know I need to brush up more on the basics and learn other things such as lighting. I'm hoping this forum will be helpful.

RON_RIP

Welcome. You have come to the right place for all manner of helpful photographic advise and support while you grow in confidence in your skills. There is a thread here devoted to autos and it has many devotees. You can learn much about all aspects of photography here as we, in turn, learn from you.

nononadanope

RON:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I did notice the auto thread (which will be helpful) after I had started this topic. I do hope to learn a lot from others on this forum and hope I can be of help as well.

RocketCowboy

As a fellow Texan, welcome to the site! You have more photographic background than I do, but we both share the OSX side for working with the images. I just joined here as well, and only just started posting pics here today, but I look forward to seeing your pics here soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Welcome Adam....I'm going to be posting some nice shots I took yesterday at a Wilmington, NC car show. We didn't even know there was going to be one. We really just wanted to take a day trip, and drive by the beach. We couldn't take our dog on the beach, so we went downtown and got lucky with the car show. Hope you enjoy the pictures! Welcome to Nikonites!

nononadanope

Thanks for all the warm welcome guys! :)
@RocketCowboy - I haven't been in Texas that long actually. I moved here from NH last November and I'm still getting use to the heat and humidity but I like that I don't have to deal with snow.
@sonicbuffalo - I will look for your car show photographs later today.