self timer in 3200

skkar_2k2

Guys, plz help me. I got a Wireless remote yesterday. But don't know how to use it. I tried to get the option for even the very common functionality self timer. But not able to find it in d3200. Wondering if it is not possible with d3200.

chippy54100

The button you need is on the back of the camera above the delete button.
Press it and you have six options to choose from including two remote choices.

Iron lung

Also if you are useing a remote you have to hold the remote in front of the camera body, if you press the remote from behind the camera it won't work

skkar_2k2

Thanks Guys. I am able to use the remote. However the distance is very less, hardly works upto not more than 3 meters. Didn't understand what is the purpose of the remote?

WayneF

Guys, plz help me. I got a Wireless remote yesterday. But don't know how to use it. I tried to get the option for even the very common functionality self timer. But not able to find it in d3200. Wondering if it is not possible with d3200.

ML-L3 in D3200 manual: Page 31-34, page 58-59, page 177

If we download the PDF manual, we can easily text search for any interests.

https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13948

Eyelight

Another option is a WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter which allows you to transmit live view to a tablet or phone running the Wireless Mobile Utility app and also click the shutter remotely. I have not tested distance, but Nikon claims a maximum range of 10-15 meters.

Bob Blaylock

Also if you are useing [sic] a remote you have to hold the remote in front of the camera body, if you press the remote from behind the camera it won't work

Incorrect.

The D3200 has an IR port on the front, and another on the back, so that it will respond to an IR-based remote from either side.