ISO AUTO using a Nikon 50mm Lens

Alien8

Why is it I can't alter the ISO down to 100 when shooting with a Nikon 50mm Lens?
I'm using a Speedlight SB-400 Flash.
But when I set the ISO to 100 and take the shot, transfer the photos to ViewNX2 the RAW details tells me the shot is was taken at a ISO Auto (400) ???
On the display I have a flashing ISO - A, which it's really telling me "Lighting is poor, Recommend Flash"

Any ideas on why I can't shoot at a ISO 100 ?
I am shooting in RAW, I much more prefer this over JPeg.

Thanks.....

aroy

You have not mentioned the other two parameters - aperture and exposure. If the aperture is too high then the ISO will be bumped up. Try without Auto ISO. Set the Auto ISO off in the menu. Then set it to ISO 100 and see what exposure the camera chooses.

What I have noticed in my D3300 is that with ISO set to Auto, the camera has a mind of its own. It tries a high aperture and high speed and then adjusts the ISO. I use Auto ISO only when shooting high speed with a high F stop for DOF, else better set the ISO to what you want.

Alien8

DraganDL.
I was at the time using a 50mm lens, as soon I switched off the ISO Auto then it sorted the problem.
Just something I overlooked, its something for me to remember in the future though.. :eagerness: