D7000 for sale (maybe)

Ftlauderdale37

Hello from Sarasota Florida ,
A few months ago I purchased a D7000 with the kit lens and 70-300mm vr and a 35mm 1.8 lens. I have all the receipts , books , boxes ect. It is absolutely brand new condition . I have maybe taken 4-500 pictures with it.
I find myself in the unfortunate position of having to maybe sell everything due job/relocation . Plus I think I am in over my head and don't know if I want to lug around a DSLR and lenses. My Sony dsc hx1 meets my needs pretty much. I am torn between keeping it and selling it while I can still get most of my money back and someone getting a killer deal on almost brand new equipment that's in high demand.
Any comments/suggestions/asking price ect would be sincerely welcome.
Thanks
Ftlauderdale37

fotojack

Re: D7000 fro sale (maybe)

Anything for sale should be directed to the For Sale/Trade forum, which is where I moved your other post. This area is strictly for New Member Introductions.

shibang

I might be able to help out here with a new D7000.

I have a lot of hotel points from a certain hotel chain and one thing I can order is cameras.

As I live in Europe I can only order junk like bath towels but in the USA I can order from skymall.com but I can only have it sent to an address in the USA.

What I might be able to do is advertise a camera on ebay so you have some buyers protection, I update my hotel profile to your address, order the camera so it is shipped to your address then when you confirm it arrives I change my profile back to my address.

I would have to call the hotel rewards number first to check that if I claim I am moving to the USA and update my profile that I can still order from skymall.

Another option if anybody is interested, I can also book hotel rooms for other people so all those thinking about Amsterdam, let me know if you are interested then I could book a hotel room for you at a cheaper price.

pedroj

I have a lot of hotel points from a certain hotel chain and one thing I can order is cameras.

As I live in Europe I can only order junk like bath towels but in the USA I can order from skymall.com but I can only have it sent to an address in the USA.

What I might be able to do is advertise a camera on ebay so you have some buyers protection, I update my hotel profile to your address, order the camera so it is shipped to your address then when you confirm it arrives I change my profile back to my address.

I would have to call the hotel rewards number first to check that if I claim I am moving to the USA and update my profile that I can still order from skymall.

Another option if anybody is interested, I can also book hotel rooms for other people so all those thinking about Amsterdam, let me know if you are interested then I could book a hotel room for you at a cheaper price.

Wow this sounds good..Look I have this old bridge in Sydney I'm wondering can u off load it for me...Here's a pic let me Know what you can get for it..

Old Bridge.jpg

Carolina Photo Guy

WOW!!!

I feel like a complete and utter moron. Lets do some business!!!

(Am I being too subtle?) :confused:

shibang

I'll take one bridge please if you can deliver it in blue ;)

Here is the link for the shop in the USA so you can see that you can buy https://www.skymall.com/mr/subdept.htm?c=102726203

Also here is the link to the shop in Europe so you can see why I might actually want to sell my points instead of use them myself, pretty crap choices in Europe eh. https://www.skymall.com/mreurope/index.jsp

Could you let me know what the difference is if I offer something on ebay compared to everybody else selling something on ebay?

I thought they offered buyers protection so that way if you don't get your good then you get your money back, am I wrong?

Last edited:

pedroj

I'll take one bridge please if you can deliver it in blue ;)

Here is the link for the shop in the USA so you can see that you can buy https://www.skymall.com/mr/subdept.htm?c=102726203

Also here is the link to the shop in Europe so you can see why I might actually want to sell my points instead of use them myself, pretty crap choices in Europe eh. https://www.skymall.com/mreurope/index.jsp

Could you let me know what the difference is if I offer something on ebay compared to everybody else selling something on ebay?

I thought they offered buyers protection so that way if you don't get your good then you get your money back, am I wrong?

The following is your quote..

Sounds very sus to me...I dont know about your points...I definitely would not touch any of this with a mile long pole and especially from a member that has 4 posts...

If you think this is the way to redeem your points why not just buy them [cameras & lens] and post on ebay...

shibang

The following is your quote..

Sounds very sus to me...I dont know about your points...I definitely would not touch any of this with a mile long pole and especially from a member that has 4 posts...

If you think this is the way to redeem your points why not just buy them [cameras & lens] and post on ebay...

Problem is they won't send cameras to Holland, only to an address in the USA. I have family in Canada and they won't send there either so thats why I thought about the ebay option.

I think between ebay and paypal then they buyer has full protection, I have never sold anything on ebay before but that was my understanding but it is starting no to look that maybe not.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Problem is they won't send cameras to Holland, only to an address in the USA. I have family in Canada and they won't send there either so thats why I thought about the ebay option.

I think between ebay and paypal then they buyer has full protection, I have never sold anything on ebay before but that was my understanding but it is starting no to look that maybe not.

Do you have a close friend in the USA that you could trust? You'd have to get the camera to him/her and then that person could ship it out to you. You could probably sell it out in Europe as easily as in the States.

The way you presented this to this forum sure does make it look more than suspicious. Unless you are ready to trust someone enough to have the camera delivered to him BEFORE he pays you, I don't think you'll find someone that will bite on your offer.

Carolina Photo Guy

Do you have a close friend in the USA that you could trust? You'd have to get the camera to him/her and then that person could ship it out to you. You could probably sell it out in Europe as easily as in the States.

The way you presented this to this forum sure does make it look more than suspicious. Unless you are ready to trust someone enough to have the camera delivered to him BEFORE he pays you, I don't think you'll find someone that will bite on your offer.

I'm a COMPLETE IDIOT and I won't do it. THAT should tell you something! :confused:

shibang

This is something I thought about. I work with a few people from America, now there are rumors about the D600 maybe I could get one of those later in the year for myself and ask a collegue to bring it back when he goes home for holidays then I just sell my D7000 in Holland.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This is something I thought about. I work with a few people from America, now there are rumors about the D600 maybe I could get one of those later in the year for myself and ask a collegue to bring it back when he goes home for holidays then I just sell my D7000 in Holland.

Or plan ahead of your next visit to the States and have the camera delivered to your hotel while you're there. This would seem to be the simplest solution of all.