Nikon D3100 has arrived!

Englischdude

so after deciding that I cant live without my d7k for a month when the family will disappear in summer, I purchased a d3100 for my wife for her to take. Have been playing around with the camera this afternoon and all I can say is what a great piece of kit. This seems to be perfect for a novice jumping into the dslr pond! Have not had too much time with it but promise to post some pics soon on the 3100 favorites thread.

Pretzel

so after deciding that I cant live without my d7k for a month when the family will disappear in summer, I purchased a d3100 for my wife for her to take. Have been playing around with the camera this afternoon and all I can say is what a great piece of kit. This seems to be perfect for a novice jumping into the dslr pond! Have not had too much time with it but promise to post some pics soon on the 3100 favorites thread.

It's a very capable camera, to be sure. Most of the pics in my 365 came from that camera (and all of last year's thread too) before upgrading to the D7100 a week ago...

Englischdude

It's a very capable camera, to be sure. Most of the pics in my 365 came from that camera (and all of last year's thread too) before upgrading to the D7100 a week ago...

really! I am so surprised about how well this performs in low light. Most cameras will do a decent job in good lighting but the real test is when the lights go down. My old Oly E-510 was a nightmare in anything less that broad daylight. i am really happy with the purchase and think it was the best choice.

Blacktop

really! I am so surprised about how well this performs in low light. Most cameras will do a decent job in good lighting but the real test is when the lights go down. My old Oly E-510 was a nightmare in anything less that broad daylight. i am really happy with the purchase and think it was the best choice.

Sounds like you really like it. I'll make you a deal. I'll trade you even up my 3100 for your 7000.
You don't even have to thank me.:)

Englischdude

south germany and hungary I absolutely agree......... maybe has something to do with the fact that they both used to belong to the austro empire :D

blacktop thats a deal, when you are in the area you will be treated to a mountain scenery photo shoot, topped off with schnitzel, spätzle and good beer :welcoming:

Englischdude

didn’t post under best 3100 pics thread as they are not the best....... they are the only ones I have at the moment. Thrilled with this camera!!!

18240651ve.jpg

18240656xk.jpg

18240664rw.jpg

18240674ku.jpg

18240675zu.jpg

18240677me.jpg

Siddhartha Basu

Yes, I am using D3100 since Nov 2010 till date ...just before my update to D7100 a few weeks back. It gave me fantastic results i low light, rains, dust ... I would swear by D3100's performance ..I switched to D7100 for speed and anticipation that D3100 may die any day after some 1,00000+ clicks ...