Nikon 1 - J3

sonicbuffalo_RIP

If anyone is interested in buying one of these, my advice is don't. I have a friend who writes a picture blog for a cruise forum, and he was going to use it on his cruise. He was midway through a 7 day cruise when the camera took a dump on him. He had to resort to using his cellphone for his pictures. Not a pretty sight! Even though his cellphone provided some nice shots, they just wern't as nice as they should be. I wouldn't spend the over $300 for a J3.

Last edited:

Scott Murray

If anyone is interested in buying one of these, my advice is don't. I have a friend who writes a picture blog for a cruise forum, and he was going to use it on his cruise. He was midway through a 7 day cruise when the phone took a dump on him. He had to resort to using his cellphone for his pictures. Not a pretty sight! Even though his cellphone provided some nice shots, they just wern't as nice as they should be. I wouldn't spend the over $300 for a J3.

Are you talking about the camera or phone? I am confused.

Horoscope Fish

So let me see if I understand... Your friend took a J3 with him on vacation, the camera broke somehow and he had to shoot his vacation pics with his phone. Is that pretty much what happened?

The camera....he posted an Amazon link to a Nikon 1 - J3. Am I wrong (entirely possible)?
This I don't understand. Are you wrong about... What?

sonicbuffalo_RIP

yes....camera broke....shot the rest of his blog with phone camera....sorry for the confusion!

I fixed the problem....too much vitamin c this morning....(caffeine)