Hello from Scotland

Steptoe1962

Hi; I just signed up to the forum, I was into photography a few years ago, my first SLR was an Olympus OM10 then I bought a Nikon F80 and gradually built up a system - couple of lenses, speed light, several filters.
Alas I became bored with the hobby and sold all my kit at a loss, over the years I was still a keen "snapper". Last year I bought a fancy Bose Digital radio / CD player and a free gift was a Nikon coolpix L25 a fabulous little compact with many features.
I always had a notion of a DSLR but thought they were out of my budget but recently I saw on E bay a still in box Nikon D40 available to the highest offer - from a seller in Portugal !. So I offered £175 which was accepted, last week the camera arrived in the sealed box :D

Camera snobs will no doubt say that it is outdated, only 6MP etc - but I am impressed with the camera and many of the controls are identical to my F80.
I look forward to brushing up my techniques on this forum :cool:

Steptoe

Bill16

Welcome to nikonites! There is nothing wrong with using older Nikon models in my opinion! :) I hope you'll have a blast here with us, and with your D40! :D

Steptoe1962

my all time favourite was the one set in winter where they are visited by the escaped convicts. will have to watch that on youtube again soon.
For those who dont know steptoe and son, take a look Steptoe And Son: S7E7 - The Desperate Hours - YouTube

Leonard Rossiter was in an earlier episode 'The lead man cometh' where he played a Welshman and sold the Steptoes some stolen lead.

Check out the albertan harold.co.uk site.

Steptoe and Son | The Official Home of the Steptoe and Son Appreciation Society | A Tribute to Wilfrid Brambell, Harry H, Corbett, Ray Galton and Alan Simpson

Englischdude

Leonard Rossiter was in an earlier episode 'The lead man cometh' where he played a Welshman and sold the Steptoes some stolen lead.

Check out the albertan harold.co.uk site.

Steptoe and Son | The Official Home of the Steptoe and Son Appreciation Society | A Tribute to Wilfrid Brambell, Harry H, Corbett, Ray Galton and Alan Simpson

Thanks for the tip. Now i have something to amuse me later.... its the wifes sex and the city night tonight. Think ill also watch "divided we stand" again as well

WeeHector

Hi, Steptoe. I'm a Fifer living in France. I loved Steptoe and Son. British comedy at its best.

Welcome to the forum and hoping to see some of your rag-and-bone photos. :D