D7000 video...

alfaholic

Banned
I know everyone on the internet speaks about D7000 and how relatively good it is for video, but my videos are very bad.
Very often my phone makes better video than D7000, I do not know is that due to optical image stabilisation in my phone camera, or maybe something else, but D7000 looks bad.

Here are some examples of D7000 video, and I really like the results, but it looks like my camera is broken:

D7000 Video Test - Film Look on Vimeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDL76TlTttc

Is there some secret about video recording? I tried Neutral, and some Flat picture control, and close shots can be nice, but if I want to shoot some panorama it looks very bad.
I used After Effects for color grading, it looks better, but still nothing close to this video examples.

Last edited:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I know everyone on the internet speaks about D7000 and how relatively good it is for video, but my videos are very bad.
Very often my phone makes better video than D7000, I do not know is that due to optical image stabilisation in my phone camera, or maybe something else, but D7000 looks bad.

Here are some examples of D7000 video, and I really like the results, but it looks like my camera is broken:

D7000 Video Test - Film Look on Vimeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDL76TlTttc

Is there some secret about video recording? I tried Neutral, and some Flat picture control, and close shots can be nice, but if I want to shoot some panorama it looks very bad.
I used After Effects for color grading, it looks better, but still nothing close to this video examples.

Can you post your own sample video so that we can make a comparison?

piperbarb

I have played with the video on my D7000 very little, but I was pretty impressed with the results. I am not a real big video fan. Tripods and physical stabilization of the camera are very important. Another thing I did was not have the lens on autofocus, but have the aperture high enough to be able to zone focus. My best luck was with my 35mm f/1.4 AI non-autofocus lens.

Fred Kingston

Have you taken any video courses or any formal training? Have you watched the Nikon series for taking videos and what settings to use for specific effects?

WayneF

my videos are very bad.

"very bad" is not descriptive. Bad how? Too dark? Too blue? Too blurry? Too shaky?

Is a still picture taken in same situation with same settings any different?

If color is the issue, does your white balance setting match the light present?