Hi from France

montignac

Hi. My name is Hugh and I am a Brit who decided to leave the UK for better weather, wine and a more relaxed life ( especially with the wine:D). I decided to restart photography after a 40 year gap and joined a photo club here some 12 years ago. Finally 2 years ago gave into digital and for a birthday was presented with a D5100 and am loving it.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to Nikonites Hugh. I hope you'll enjoy your participation here. Please try to fill your profile so we can help you more in case you run into questions.

montignac

Thanks for the welcome. You guys are not slow responding. Feels good already. I tried the French site and although 95% fluent and have to speak French all the time at the club it is really good to be able to write/talk/read in English about photography from time to time.

Pretzel

Welcome to the fun and family that is "Nikonites!" You're going to have to start sharing some of those amazing French photos, soon, as I've never had the opportunity to visit! ;)

WeeHector

Welcome to the forum, Hugh. I came to France for a year as an English assistant and stayed on. That was 40 years ago. Presently living in Lorraine. I also tried out a french forum but gave up after 2 posts as I couldn't upload photos to the forum or my gallery. This is a great place to be; people are friendly and helpful and more than willing to let you into their little secrets for taking incredible photos. What are your interests, by the way? ;)