Hello from Newcastle, England!

Geordieclare

Hello there, I'm Clare, from Newcastle upon Tyne. I'm brand new to DSLRs, having recently purchased a D3200 with 18-35mm VR AF-S G kit lens. It's such a massive learning experience, but I'm quickly finding it becoming an obsession, regularly getting sucked into the YouTube spiral of no return (aka the other recommended vids links) :D.

I have creative ideas which are way beyond my current technical know-how/equipment, but I've found lurking on this forum for the past few days has been very helpful. Certainly more informative than the manual! ;) Maybe some day I'll actually realise some of those ideas.

I find it far easier to understand concepts by looking at photos with the info so I can start to appreciate the relationships between settings than to just read a load of numbers and alphabet soup telling me that would work best for a situation. :confused:

I'm particularly interested in learning more about long exposures, b&w, lighting (particularly on a diy/micro budget level) and macro too.

I've picked up a few extra bits and bobs of cheap kit to get me started: uv & cpl filters, macro filters, nd filter set & timer release trigger. I already have a tripod I used with my point and shoot. Today just received a Meike flash I ordered, but I think I'll be sending it back and getting a Yongnuo.

Pretzel

"Obsession" - that's one way to put it! (others include addiction, dependence, infatuation, preoccupation, passion, neurosis...)

Welcome to Nikons Anonymous?

LOL, looking forward to seeing some of your shots!

RON_RIP

Welcome. You have come to the right site. If you have the desire, there are enough members here with the knowledge and technical skill to help you improve your photography.