Made the news :)

BackdoorArts

Yep once again I got a page 3 spread (this time), but here is whats said on their website.

Cane toads eats cane toad in Top End cannibalism at its finest | NT News

Just curious, are you compensated for these shots or is it part of a "send us your photos" thing? If the latter, I love (and hate) the irony of photographic cannibalism displayed thru amphibian cannibalism.

And please, know that I'm in no way judging you for participating, or in any way offended by your post - it's cool to get your photos out there. I'm just close enough to the idea that the irony was immediate and I had to say something.

Scott Murray

Just curious, are you compensated for these shots or is it part of a "send us your photos" thing? If the latter, I love (and hate) the irony of photographic cannibalism displayed thru amphibian cannibalism.

And please, know that I'm in no way judging you for participating, or in any way offended by your post - it's cool to get your photos out there. I'm just close enough to the idea that the irony was immediate and I had to say something.
Jake have you heard about cane toads in Australia?

Scott Murray

By the way I am not compensated any way in my photos, the NT news is a peculiar breed and the odder the photo the better. Its the NT after all ;)

PapaST

I saw an Animal Planet show about their invasion. They look harmless but in fact are a big problem. I saw a segment where a lady used a hammer to "dispatch" countless frogs. But one wrong wack and the poison flew into her eyes. Paybacks.

Scott Murray

I saw an Animal Planet show about their invasion. They look harmless but in fact are a big problem. I saw a segment where a lady used a hammer to "dispatch" countless frogs. But one wrong wack and the poison flew into her eyes. Paybacks.
Yeah a good boot and stomp works for me, crows have learnt to turn over dead toads so that they do not eat the toxin. The only snake in Aus that can eat a cane toad is the File snake but they still die with larger toads,....