Help to archive this look

Tetw64

Help to achieve this look

Can someone tell me what settings or preset is used to achieve this look

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
Re: Help to achieve this look

It's the washed out instagram look. Play around with the saturation levels as well as tinting. There are some pre-sets out there that will get you close. Do you have Perfect Effects or maybe Nik's Color Efex?, by chance?

Mike D90

It's the washed out instagram look. Play around with the saturation levels as well as tinting. There are some pre-sets out there that will get you close. Do you have Perfect Effects or maybe Nik's Color Efex?, by chance?

How the heck do you see what he is talking about?? Did he post an image??

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

Tetw64

image.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm sorry if the picture that was posted disappeared. I merged the two posts that were posted at different times and then when I tried to remove one of the double post, the picture disappeared.

Glad you could post it back.

Now for your question, I'm not sure there are recipes all made for this. You could try NIK software plug-ins that offer recipes, but nothing like learning by doing it yourself. What post processing program are you using?

SteveH

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion the photo is a sample and rather than buy from the photographer you just want to mimic her work for nothing?

BackdoorArts

In case you come back (sometimes rules are meant to protect the person running the forum, so posting links to copyrighted sites is a no-no, here, and where they let you do it), as Dave said it's a filtered look made to look like old film.

If it's still available for free, download Perfect Effects 8, there's likely something in there to do it. Google's Nik Collection will reproduce it in Color Efex 4 and Analog Efex. And I suspect there are a plethora of "Film Presets" available for Lightroom. In fact, the Aged Photo preset that comes with Lightroom is a starting point from which you can likely tweek and save your own.

carguy

In case you come back (sometimes rules are meant to protect the person running the forum, so posting links to copyrighted sites is a no-no, here, and where they let you do it), as Dave said it's a filtered look made to look like old film.

If it's still available for free, download Perfect Effects 8, there's likely something in there to do it. Google's Nik Collection will reproduce it in Color Efex 4 and Analog Efex. And I suspect there are a plethora of "Film Presets" available for Lightroom. In fact, the Aged Photo preset that comes with Lightroom is a starting point from which you can likely tweek and save your own.

How is posting links to copyrighted sites a no-no?

Tetw64

Thank you for all your rudeness. Everyone is not out to do something to someone else, this was for a learning lab part of a project. No damage intended to anyone. The person them self helped me, without being rude. Using for charity work, thanks. I love Nikon, but found a very rude group of people that pounced on a question as though I was a world photographer, stealing what everyone else is already doing. I will remove my name from the forum and make sure I don't offend any of you mighty photographers again. Thank you.