**Nikon 135mm 2.0 Prime Lens**

ShootRaw

Is this real or fake?
Nikon-AF-S-nikkor-135mm-f2G-lens.jpg

Last edited:

Mike D90

I say its fake. It looks like another lens that has been edited to look like a 135mm. I bet someone here can look at the focus distance scale and will know what lens this actually is.

ShootRaw

This pic was sent by a reader of dpreviews and is on Nikon Rumors as well...Im so ready for a lens like this...Will go perfect with my 85mm 1.4g but with more compression:D

Deezey

Nikon filed the patent last year. I tried digging deeper since my local camera shop are all Nikon shooters, but they were pretty tight lipped.

Also I was hearing Sigma may also release one too. Possible around the 35 1.4 price....

gqtuazon

Gear Head
135mm on a full frame does an amazing job in bokeh. I know I love mine a lot! If the image is real, then it is about time. Don't expect something cheap. I would say around $2k.

ShootRaw

Nikon filed the patent last year. I tried digging deeper since my local camera shop are all Nikon shooters, but they were pretty tight lipped.

Also I was hearing Sigma may also release one too. Possible around the 35 1.4 price....

Nikon filed a patent in march 2012 for a 135mm 1.8g...But not aware of one at f/2 without VR

gqtuazon

Gear Head

Reading the patent reference below, the image shown does not have VR which contradicts Nikon's submitted patent. However, it is still possible to submit a patent without the VR. Time will tell. For now, NR has not provided any substantial evidence and this is still a rumor at this point.

OPTICAL SYSTEM, OPTICAL APPARATUS, AND METHOD FOR MANUFACTURING OPTICAL SYSTEM

ShootRaw

Rumor has it that a Sigma Art lens 135mm 1.8 may be announced at Photokina....God I hope this is true..Whoever comes out with theirs first gets my business..Nikon I hope you read this...

rocketman122

Who knows if nikon is updating them or not. when they do release this, and sigma release theres, Im getting the DC for cheap. its great till now, and it doesnt mean it wont be when a new model comes out. my best friend I shoot with has this lens and Ive used it. soft at f/2 and the FL is hard to work with but from f/2.8 its stellar. my friend says the AF isnt so fast but when I tried it, it was very fast.

I am not paying 2 grand for a plastic bodied lens. screw that. I want that metal tank body with the crinkle finish the current one has. the way lenses are supposed to be made. not like todays garbage lenses they put out. screw that. they make these new lenses look good but besides better IQ by a bit lack a lot more. close focusing isnt so improved, AF speed is crap and slower. lens hood and body made of cheap plastic. nikon is cutting corners and their stock shows it.

I would like to see the new sigma 85 1.4. if its af is quick AND accurate, then ill toss my 85 1.8d for that. but hell no would I pay more and get less like these new nikon lenses theyve been releasing. they look nice but compared to the old series, they look like toys. ripoff isnt a strong enough word.