A pretty cool tip to share

Keoki

Since all I've done is complain about my sensor spot issues lately, I thought I would post something more interesting than whining.
You know how when your viewing images on the back of your camera and you zoom in, then you go to the next image and you have to zoom in again and it's really a pain? Wouldn't it be nice to zoom into a certain spot on your image then compare with the next ones without having to re-zoom every image? You can! In the custom menu f5 you can assign the back command dial to rotate through images (like Canon's big wheel). When you use the command dial instead of the multi-selector you zoom stays sticky. Awesome!
Of course I'm probably the only D600 user that never knew this, but if you haven't tried it, it's great.
: )

Lawrence

News to me and good news too.
I would never have discovered that. man I love this forum just wonder how much stuff like this I miss

SkvLTD

Cool find, though I can spot the spots without cross-referencing them like that. Can definitely be useful for focus-checking post-shot for lots of things.

Nikonus

That's a very handy tip - thank you! And as you probably already have guessed I didn't knew this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BackdoorArts

Yeah, I thought that's the way it worked out of the box. What I wish you could do was assign the center button as a 100% zoom like on the D800.

aroy

After reading the post, I tried it on D3300. It works. Now I can compare a series of shots for focus sharpness.

Horoscope Fish

Okay, please help! What is the path to do this on the D7100? I am seeing options I recognise.
You need to reassign the "OK" button first. Go to the Custom Settings menu, option F (Controls) / F1 "OK Button". Select "Playback mode" then select "Zoom on/off" then select either "Medium magnification" or "High magnification" (I use Medium). Press OK and exit the menus.

Now review a photo on the LCD. Press the OK button to zoom in. Use the command wheel to advance through your photos while maintaining the zoom function. Use the four way button to advance through your shots but without the zoom option.

Voila!

aroy

At least in D3300, what ever zoom is set in the initial image carries over to all the images displayed by rotating the thumb wheel.