New to Nikon

Paladin

Hello all. I'm an old Canon film guy who recently picked a camera back up. (Please don't hold it against me!) New to Nikon and Digital photography so help along those lines would be monumental. Especially with the ViewNX 2 software. I'm planning a trip into the bush of Papua New Guinea in July as part of a film crew (video), and want to be proficient and familiar with the new camera. I am all thumbs when it comes to post production, and still clumsy with the features and abilities of the D3200. Peace

480sparky

Welcome to The Dark Side.
sw017.gif

RON_RIP

Welcome to our forum and get out there and start taking photos in low light outside environments so that you will be ready for your trip.. You might want to get extra Sd cards to carry with you.

Paladin

Welcome to our forum and get out there and start taking photos in low light outside environments so that you will be ready for your trip.. You might want to get extra Sd cards to carry with you.

The low light conditions are one of the main reasons I signed up here. Advice and courteous critique is always welcome.
I do have 2 16G cards, for 6 days of travel and 4 in the village. I'm going to bring an extra battery pre charged as well. The only electricity is the generator at the missionaries "house". I have heard generators can be rough on chargers.

Last edited: