Early D800E results

Dave_W

The Dude
The first real shot from my new D800E. One early observation is the shutter sound is different. There's a subtle noise it makes, almost a very quick whistle, that my 800 does not make.

This shot was taken with my 70-300mm wide open at f/5.6 and at only 1/125 sec and I've not yet tuned this lens to the body yet. Given as much, I think I'm going to really enjoy this new little baby. Tomorrow my 300mm lens arrives, things gonna get very interesting from here on out.

_DSC0020.jpg

Pretzel

Shutter noise... whistle. Probably needs to be scrapped. Send it to me so you don't have to go through the hassle and I'll "recycle" it for ya. LOL

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I know about the distinct sound that the shutter makes. I am looking forward to seeing the results of you new lens that is about to make me lust for it.

Dave_W

The Dude
I know about the distinct sound that the shutter makes. I am looking forward to seeing the results of you new lens that is about to make me lust for it.
Glen - does your E make that noise, too? If I didn't have a 800 I wouldn't think anything of it but it's surprisingly different than the D800

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Glen - does your E make that noise, too? If I didn't have a 800 I wouldn't think anything of it but it's surprisingly different than the D800
I can't confirm at the moment since I am still waiting for my D800E but from memory, like what Scott have experienced, the D800E shutter has probably the loudest shutter sound that I have tried.