Tele converter help

jbeasley53

Good Morning Nikonites!

I have stumbled into some old Nikon equipment and I found a promaster spectrum 7 auto tele converter mc 2x for ne japan. It was in with older Nikon bodies and I was wondering if anyone new if it would be compatible with the D600? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

480sparky

Good Morning Nikonites!

I have stumbled into some old Nikon equipment and I found a promaster spectrum 7 auto tele converter mc 2x for ne japan. It was in with older Nikon bodies and I was wondering if anyone new if it would be compatible with the D600? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

I doubt the AF motor screw and electronic contact continuity are included.

jbeasley53

tele converter.jpgThis is all I have. Are you thinking there is something missing? The tab at the bottom is the binder clip I have it sitting on. lol

Dave_W

The Dude
It looks to me to be an AiS mount, so I believe it's safe to put on your camera. Clearly you will not have access to AF (no electronic connectors visible) but as long as you don't mind manually focusing, it should "work". Chances are good that you'll pick up a bunch of CA but they can mostly be address in PP.

aroy

Both the focus and the meter will have to be manual, and as commented it is of no use with the "G" type lens as they have no aperture control.