Battery compartment problem

andycam

I have recently bought a new Nikon D800. I have only used it in test shots. I have charged the battery up only once. The battery is now low and I need to charge it again, but it won't come out of the camera. The small yellow lever moves but won't release the battery. Has anyone had this problem ?. Apart from sending the camera back I don't know how i will get this battery out.

wornish

If you push the small yellow lever all the way back and turn the camera upside down and give it a shake then the battery might come out.
There is a small spring at the bottom of the battery compartment that should normally push the battery up enough to get hold of it.
Sounds like something could be trapped between the battery and the body or the spring is broken or twisted.

andycam

Cheers wornish ! It sounds like the latter!! When I first saw this plastic lever i thought it seemed a bit flimsy and wouldn't last. but did'nt expect it to fail this quick.

PANIC OVER I managed to use a micro screwdriver its marked the battery but now its out!!

Last edited: