Some inspiration and a reality check

SkvLTD

How I Transitioned from Being a Hobbyist to Being a Pro Photographer

Really have to agree with that article, also I got a better idea for a personal goal and seeing exactly how far I am from getting there.

Really got to start re-working lots of my stuff and getting my s together or I'll never get there. In a way, feels like my 1st year shooting is a total joke aside from all the lessons learned, but then it was just that- getting a footing and a rough idea of what photography entails as a career choice.

Rick M

Interesting article and comments after it. I think the most important "advice" is finding a niche, both in style and subject.

SkvLTD

I feel that presentation plays if not as big of a role as the content, and I wholeheartedly agree. If I were to spend money on a service like photography, I would at the very least expect a very clean and professional presentation.

BackdoorArts

The line that resonated with me was, "You have to fail 10,000 times to succeed once and eventually you carve out a set of skills that work in many applications."

That's photography, and learning anything, in a nutshell. And it applies to all of us with a camera in our hands, not just the aspiring pro. Anyone who looks at someone's work with respect and awe needs to realize that at some point they were likely in the exact same place as you, scratching their head and trying to figure it out. As in all arts, there are some who are strangely gifted, but for the rest they're no different than we are - they've just put in the time.

Last edited: