Hey Ya'll, from Indiana!

Amber Rae

My name is Amber, and Im a new Nikon owner. My first DSLR was a Sony A390, and all the settings are so much different. I have tons of questions so I may annoy the crap out of some of you. :p

Amber Rae

Thank you for the warm welcome! My biggest question had to do with shutter speed and lighting, but I THINK I have it figured out. I've only ever shot in Aperture Mode, and have been trying to learn Manual. Whoa, there's a lot to learn. I'll be going to FL in a week and I'm pretty excited to shoot something other than snow with this new pretty Camera! I'll post photos as soon as I get something worth posting. :D

Amber Rae

Welcome Amber, feel free to share some of your photos.

Hey Scott, I checked out some of your shots from Africa, Amazing!! I was wondering how you took some of the night shots where you can see the stars, yet still see the grass and stuff as well... I know the 600/610 is made for low light shooting like that, I just havent gotten to play/learn yet. Can you tell me what kind of settings you used to get the foreground so lit up as well?

Scott Murray

Hey Scott, I checked out some of your shots from Africa, Amazing!! I was wondering how you took some of the night shots where you can see the stars, yet still see the grass and stuff as well... I know the 600/610 is made for low light shooting like that, I just havent gotten to play/learn yet. Can you tell me what kind of settings you used to get the foreground so lit up as well?

Amber if you link me one of the photos I could tell you, if it was in Africa then it was taken with a D800 I only got the D600 whne I got back in Australia.

Amber Rae

Amber if you link me one of the photos I could tell you, if it was in Africa then it was taken with a D800 I only got the D600 whne I got back in Australia.

well of course I can't find the shot I was curious about. I was just curious where you usually put your aperture for night shots. The weather was a little warmer here last night so I got to shoot the sunset and played with the shutter speeds. I was paying no attention to my Aperture though so I didn't like any of the shots. But I'm really digging finally understanding shutter speed. Now I just have to remember to couple that with aperture and ISO.