Dark printouts

Jimbolarue

Hi guys, I've just upgraded from a D90 to a D610 and now I find my photos are coming out really dark and brown looking. The prints from my D90 are still printing out beautifully. Do you think the D610 may not be communicating with Adobe CS6? I even switched to vivid on the camera but it didn't make a great deal of difference. Please don't suggest calibrators, I've tried 'em and I didn't get anywhere with them. I've installed the same printer profile. They look fine on the screen but print out abysmally.

Thank you.

Jimbo

Jimbolarue

Hi guys, been using both jpegs and raw and I am using version 8.3 camera raw.

I think I may have cracked it, I'll know later when I print out some of the shots I took yesterday out and about in Oxford.

I think it was just a matter of tweaking Photoshop.

Thank your input guys.

I'll get back to you later.

Jimbo

BackdoorArts

Realize that your file size has grown significantly, so if you're printing small make sure that you're taking that into account and resize the image properly before printing as you may be trying to squeeze too much picture into too little space. Uncropped size comping out of the D610 is 16.7" x 25", so if you're printing 4x6 or 5x7 you're 300-400% bigger than you need to be.

In my experience, printing from PS or LR to 8x12's and larger seem to be OK without resizing (though I still recommend it), but I highly recommend producing specifically sized JPEG files for all your prints once you've finalized your edits. I suspect you may have stumbled on this already, but just in case.

Jimbolarue

Hi Jake, it did stumble upon this actually. Thanks for the advice, these files are huge!

Anyway, my tweaking within CS6 has significantly improved my photo printouts. I am now a happy bunnie!

Thank you all for your most helpful replies!

Jimbo