Where is all the used/refurb D600's?

randyspann

Kind of thinking about upgrading to a D600. Perusing adds last few days, and then yesterday seems like all the D600's dried up! Don't know where they went! Anyone else notice this?

-Randy

jrleo33

My D600 Reburb arrived at Nikon's repair center today in LA, for a new shutter replacement and other associated parts. The D600 is a very good camera if the oil and dust problems don't get in the way.

BackdoorArts

Kind of thinking about upgrading to a D600. Perusing adds last few days, and then yesterday seems like all the D600's dried up! Don't know where they went! Anyone else notice this?

-Randy

With Nikon offering to make the shutter issue right, who wouldn't snap one up if they'd been on the fence before that? Great camera - I love mine.

john*thomas

My experience is limited but it seems to me that refurb's of all their stuff sort of comes and goes in cycles. I bought a refurb D5100 and at the time there was quite a few places selling them. Not long afterwards there weren't very many and the prices went up a bit.

Mark F

Since the resale of the d600 tanked badly when the d610 came out, mine will sit on the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkvLTD

Read some reviews about DR man. Some people get proper products, some get DR TV's used stuff/get slammed with import taxes. Not to mention getting a body from pretty much, China.

LensWork

this is better than refurb D600. may not have US warranty, but much better than to take a risk on D600.

D610 new forUS$1,619.00

I would have to disagree with you. If you are a U.S. resident it is a huge risk to buy a Nikon product without the Nikon U.S.A. warranty. Nikon U.S.A. will not service non-Nikon U.S.A. imported gear, period. This means that should your camera need service it will need to go back to original country of export.

hrphotography

you are right about DR, no USA warranty and ? tax. but many people on this forum have bought things from them.

after my experience with D600, sending it back to nikon USA multiple times, arguing each time for shipping labels and dealing with their horrible customer service, sending them 20+ emails, listening to their BS arguments over the phone; if i can go back in time, i would be inclined to get a D610 (which so far has no reported issues) from DR rather than buy a "lemon" (like my D600) from nikon USA.

but that's just my opinion :)

SkvLTD

Another thing is buying things fresh and early. Wouldn't have figured that its a bad practice with camera gear, though given the complexity of the pieces it doesn't surprise me one bit.

On a lighter note, refurb I got 2nd hand off ebay is spotless and works like a champ.

kluisi

Where is a good place to look for a refurb? eBay? I am looking for a D7100.

I've heard that Cameta has the best warranty (1 year) on refurbs. I haven't tried them, but other people on the site have had good experiences. Not sure if they have any D7100 refurbs though.

Last edited:

Horoscope Fish

I've heard that Cameta has the best warranty (1 year) on refurbs. I haven't tried them, but other people on the site have had good experiences. Not sure if they have any D7100 refurbs though.
Cameta ranks right up there in my book with Adorama and B&H; they're good people. The one-year warranty they offer on refurbs is pretty sweet, IMO.

Getting a refurb D7100 is just going to be a matter of patience and good timing.

PhotoMax

Now that Nikon is repairing all D600s at no charge, any that were for sale are being fixed and kept. Who wouldn't? I sent mine in and had it back in 21 days, with the new shutter...better than a 610 at the higher price. FWIW

photofree