18-55 lens question

scoobychief

hi guys I bought my camera Friday just gone and been ploughing through loads of youtube videos and loads of googleing and one thing that seems to puzzle me is that the camera came with a 18-55 lens which says DX and yet through youtube or google it shows the same camera with the same lens as me but they have got VR on it and also an option for A-M, anybody fill me in on this. cheers mike

RON_RIP

There are several versions of the 18-55 lens the latest of which features vibration reduction. You do not say how you acquired your camera but it sounds as if you got an older version of that lens

WhiteLight

hi guys I bought my camera Friday just gone and been ploughing through loads of youtube videos and loads of googleing and one thing that seems to puzzle me is that the camera came with a 18-55 lens which says DX and yet through youtube or google it shows the same camera with the same lens as me but they have got VR on it and also an option for A-M, anybody fill me in on this. cheers mike

hmm.. i don't understand your question.
do you say that your 18-55 lens does not have VR & A-M buttons?
if it's a new 'G' lens, that will have VR & the A-M switch.. mine does

scoobychief

this is the lens yeah bought new its the kit...

Attachments

• nik1.jpg
    nik1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 508
  • nik2.jpg
    nik2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 320
  • nik3.jpg
    nik3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 260

weebee

I bought my son a 3100 kit about 6 months ago. Both of the lenses. The 18-55 and the 55-200 lenses were not VR. I guess it depends on the kit you buy.

Datalux

Yes, it depends on the kit - the non-VR kit is in the $400 range, the VR kits are in the $600 range. I got duped by an eBay seller who advertised a VR kit and shipped a non-VR kit.

Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

RubenAlonzo

I just bought mine Valentines Day, gift from the Missus, and mine came with the 18-55 f3.5-5.6G VR kit lens, $379 Walmart :) brand new! I suspect mine was on sale at such a crazy price due to the influx of the new D3200, that it being Valentine's Day might have had something to do with it.