Recommended Default Settings For the D600/D610

Krs_2007

@BackdoorHippie,(Jake)
Thanks for posting this. I had already made my mind up to change some of the settings try try like Auto-ISO. Funny you posted this because he uses it as well.

So far I seem to like it, its one less thing to worry about when the light starts to change. It should be helpful with sports, I hope.

For the most part our settings matched except a few.

This one for example, Vignette Control he has you set it to OFF, I had it set at default which I believe was low.

Focus tracking with lock-on: AF 3 (Normal), which I have at short and noticed he does the same depending on what he is shooting

Centered weighted I used 8, will try 12 but doubt it will too much of a difference

Some other things I liked was I like the beep to stay on, he turned it off which I could see if I was shooting wildlife or quiet setting. Also some movie settings which I haven't used my camera for a movie yet. And I changed the bracketing order which is another personal preference but switched anyway.

Now customizing the buttons is one I still play with but switched back to My Menu like he had as I had that way before. I wish that I could use the FN button for ISO settings instead of the button on the back, but haven't figured that out yet if its even possible.