Hello from Greensboro, NC

dwhopson

Hi Everyone, Soon to be Nikon user. Hopefully purchasing a new Nikon D7000 in the coming weeks. Begrudgingly switching from another brand/system...but it's time. Looking forward to the changes/advancements/market availability of gear-accessories! Please pardon me if I ask some not so smart questions in the beginning :) Thanks! dwh

ShootRaw

Welcome...Save alittle more and grab the D7100...You will be glad you did..Focusing system is better amongst a few other things...

dwhopson

Hi again...

I'm coming from pentax after 25 years (since I was 15 years old - virtually a lifetime). I just decided I was tired of the "all or nothing" approach from pentax regarding the DSLR line-up (not to mention focusing issues - but they supposedly have been remedied in the last several bodies released!). I do love pentax glass though...have some great vintage pieces...I'll just have to save them for film's come-back ;)

ShootRaw - I have been considering the D7100 as the continued references to focus "issues" seem to alarm me somewhat. I've had my share of focus issues (though somewhat different) with my pentax bodies and really don't want to start out with similar issues on a new system...AND I've noticed people across the web get very testy regarding this issue as well. So, it makes me anxious...lots to think about before forking out circa $1k+ on a body.