About to buy one..

Deezey

Returns are a sound investment. But....you only get a 90 day warranty. Unless you buy additional coverage. And if you do that you might as well buy new to get the one year warranty.

My D90 was refurbished and it has been running like a top from day one.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

eal1

Me too. I would want greater savings. I recently rented a 610, enjoyed its results, but had to adjust to the autofocus points so clustered together. I have a 7000 and wonder if the 7100 is a better all-around camera and upgrade from the 7000. I don't shoot wildlife, or sports, but might take it to the ballpark on occasion.
Still, i really liked the results i got from the 610 and the 85 f/1.8G. THe candid portraits looked beautiful. WHich do all of you think is the better upgrade and all around
performer: the 7100 or the 610? Anyone for the DF?

Deezey

Me too. I would want greater savings. I recently rented a 610, enjoyed its results, but had to adjust to the autofocus points so clustered together. I have a 7000 and wonder if the 7100 is a better all-around camera and upgrade from the 7000. I don't shoot wildlife, or sports, but might take it to the ballpark on occasion.
Still, i really liked the results i got from the 610 and the 85 f/1.8G. THe candid portraits looked beautiful. WHich do all of you think is the better upgrade and all around
performer: the 7100 or the 610? Anyone for the DF?

You are comparing a DX to an FX. These are two very different and distinct beasts. Each with their own pros and cons.

If you are heavily invested in DX glass I wouldn't recommend a jump to FX unless you keep the D7000. Some more info is needed on your part. I get what you don't shoot. But what do you shoot?

Wide landscapes? FX
Low Light/ High ISO? FX
Do you love shallow Dof? FX

If none of that matters....stay DX. And if you are staying DX, I would say the D7100 is a worthy addition to your current kit. Just beware the buffer. LOL

SkvLTD

The AF point cluster sort of bugs me too, mostly lack of any towards the upper/lower even middle. Mostly thinking about sports and wildlife, but it's nothing good old aiming with the center can't fix and re-crop later I suppose.

BackdoorArts

Check with your credit card company. Some will extend manufacturer warranty periods by up to a year, but usually only on new items, so ask about something like a "Manufacturer Refurbished Model". Can't hurt. If you have to pay for the extension then you might as well buy new (and maybe get the credit card company extension as well).