Why is there no Still Life or Product sub forum ?

Don Kondra

Am I the only one here doing this kind of work ? And BTW, I've just upgraded to IE 10 on Windows 7 and can no longer create paragraphs. This is the only Vbulletin site where this is happening ??? VERY annoying ! Cheers, Don

Michael J.

Oh I found something better:

Still life photography is the depiction of inanimate subject matter, most typically a small grouping of objects. Still life photography, more so than other types of photography, such as landscape or portraiture, gives the photographer more leeway in the arrangement of design elements within a composition.

Still life photography is a demanding art, one in which the photographers are expected to be able to form their work with a refined sense of lighting, coupled with compositional skills. The still life photographer makes pictures rather than takes them. Knowing where to look for propping and surfaces also is a required skill.

Still life photography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don Kondra

^^ That pretty well covers it... Perhaps a category of "Everything Else that doesn't fit" would be enough :) Let's see how screwed up this image gets when I embed it into this post. This product shot is a bubinga wall sculpture I shot for a Manitoba turner for a magazine article. She first cut out the smaller circle and turned the remainder normally. Then the smaller circle is turned by a process called off center turning. Each fan is cut by changing the way the blank is mounted on the lathe.
Whitebackgroundwebsize_zps39b91322.jpg
And this would be properly termed a still life, my grandfathers Stanley spoke shave snuggling up to a contemporary Veritas shoulder plane by Lee Valley.
Handplanes_zps90edb45e.jpg
Cheers, Don I am still curious to hear if anyone is aware of the problem using IE 10 on Windows 7 to post on this site.

^^ That pretty well covers it... Perhaps a category of "Everything Else that doesn't fit" would be enough :) Let's see how screwed up this image gets when I embed it into this post. This product shot is a bubinga wall sculpture I shot for a Manitoba turner for a magazine article. She first cut out the smaller circle and turned the remainder normally. Then the smaller circle is turned by a process called off center turning. Each fan is cut by changing the way the blank is mounted on the lathe.
Whitebackgroundwebsize_zps39b91322.jpg
And this would be properly termed a still life, my grandfathers Stanley spoke shave snuggling up to a contemporary Veritas shoulder plane by Lee Valley.
Handplanes_zps90edb45e.jpg
Cheers, Don I am still curious to hear if anyone is aware of the problem using IE 10 on Windows 7 to post on this site.

IE has been screwed up for a while. Many people have problems with it. Try Firefox or even better try Chrome.

Don Kondra

Thanks for that Don, I have Firefox and Chrome for when I absolutely have to use them but I Do Not Care For Them :) As I said, other Vbulletin sites Do Not have this issue so it must be something that is not done correctly locally.

FastGlass

Don I just switched over from IE to Chrome. This site was the only site I was having issues with. Not sure why but after switching over to Chrome I've had no issues. I get used to the ways things are done so changing over to something else is something I'd rather put off. But after using Chrome, like it much better than the IE.

Scott Murray

IE is so outdated compared to the other browsers. I have not used IE since windows xp. Unless I am at work and then I have no choice but its the older version.