Im looking for a camera!

fanboyz1231

Hey fellas,so im looking for a camera that will meet my following needs,thanks and im happy to be in this forum!

So my past experience with DSLR cameras was with a nikon d200,i picked it up for fairly cheap with a few killer lenses(30-100mm,70-300mm),i loved all the settings and the focus ability that it had,i loved this camera,but the BIGGEST issue that i had was that it did not have an "automatic" mode...Do you fellas know of a nikon camera perferably,that has pretty much all the same features/toys to play with and the option to go completly manual...but with an "automatic" shooting feature that would control my flash,aperature,shutter speed,fstops

ive taken a basic photography course,and i enjoy all the little things i can play with to enhance my photos,but when im out with friends snowmobiling,snowboarding,wakeboarding...i dont want to worry about playing with all those little things,i want something i can just point and shoot

My mother has a nikon D90,and comparing it to my nikon d200,it feels extremely wimpy and very unprofessional.i want something very similar to the nikon d200,but with an option to go automatic

I would like to thank everyone in advance,thanks

sincerely

Tyler

fanboyz1231

one last note,if this matters...im very good with photoshop and digital editing softwares,the nikon d200 did not have an auto contrast,auto brightness and all of those fun things,so if its possible to include that in the camera,but its not a must,if it is a deal breaker,then i dont need it.

i enjoy photoshoping pics,you get to see all the imperfections with them

the d7000,d7100 are really interesting me,do they have an auto mode as i was describing?

The D7000 and D7100 have all the auto modes that any camera has. Full Auto, Program Mode, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and of course Full Manual.

auto contrast and auto brightness aren't really auto modes. All the modes I mentioned are the things you are really asking for.

Deezey

D7100 for the win. I would go with the D7100 with Kit Lens (18-140), and use the rest for a decent flash and good tripod. Also a few good SD cards and extra batteries. Adorama right now has that camera lens combo for 1300. Do a few batteries and SD cards for 150 more. A good tripod and head will run you another 200-300 minimum also. Flash...roughly 150. Bingo. Thats a good way to spend 2 grand to me.

But keep in mind...depending on how far your rabbit hole goes, 2 grand is an afterthought. LOL. Welcome to NAS. Oh, and to Nikonites.

nikonpup

get the d7100 it has "auto". B & h photo is running a special with a couple of lens for less than 2k. D7100 is top of the line for dx format, plenty of room for growth as you grow out of the point and shoot.

egosbar

i got a d7100 new with a 18-55 and a 55-300 for 1300 bucks off ebay from hong kong , you could use the remainder of your budget too buy another lens too suit , maybe a 11-16 or a 105mm macro

got too say i love it and does everything i need at the moment