Refurbished D610 is now available

hrphotography

....it says "i am spot free".... :)
i don't know why people would return it that much, but i guess the sales of D610 has been less than initial D600 sales. only few reviews on major online stores.
Nikon would have to drop the 6 series completely one day, the ghost of D600 still haunts :D

carguy

Man. $250 isn't that much when you are talking a $2K Camera.

I waited until I could save $370 ($300 less and saved $70 in sales tax if I bought locally) on my D7100 by buying a Nikon refurb.

Deezey

Still more than double what I paid for my D7100. I'd like to have one but I don't know that it's more than twice the camera.

Honestly it isn't twice the camera. I only bought one because I wanted to go FX. And I had the D90. If I had the D7100, I wouldn't have bought it. I would have bought the D800 instead.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

SkvLTD

$250 could be an official grip without any gripes of the cheaper alternatives. Or a good few batteries. Or 2/3 of a 55 f1.2 AI. Next to ~2k its not much, but it can still be invested nicely.

Wonder how many clicks those have or replacing shutter and resetting the count is part of the process.

Else, gotta go check the used market values of 800 as well...

carguy

$250 could be an official grip without any gripes of the cheaper alternatives. Or a good few batteries. Or 2/3 of a 55 f1.2 AI. Next to ~2k its not much, but it can still be invested nicely.

Wonder how many clicks those have or replacing shutter and resetting the count is part of the process.

Else, gotta go check the used market values of 800 as well...
While that is true, my point was I'd need to save more than $250 to go refurbished vs new :)

BackdoorArts

As Fred mentioned, there are always demos and loaners out there, and inevitably something that gets minor damage in shipping. Also consider companies like Amazon with liberal return policies - a "refurb" could simply mean a factory reinspection of a returned item that can no longer be sold as new.

It's also not like B&H says they have hundreds in stock, just simply that they have refurbs. Could be 5, could be 20. Either way it's likely not a lot, and definitely no cause for alarm in any way, shape or form. Shipping companies are likely far more responsible for what got shipped back than any QC fantasy issues. Nikon restored a camera to "as new" condition, so why not sell it? No one should be jumping all of any supposed "deal" given that one unexpected repair 9 months down the road could likely eat your savings, but at the same time it gives someone an opportunity to save some bucks. People buy grey market to do the same. Look at any Nikon product and you'll likely find that refurbs start popping up about 4 months down the road for all the reasons I mention.