Some of my D3100 photos

Jtedlin

Just decided to post some of my favorite D3100 photos I have taken, If I got along with the cold better I would of taken photos this winter but I can not bear the cold. So here they are! Hopefully as it warms up I can start working on improving my photos and post-production. I still have a lot to learn, but looking forward to it. the last two were from two weeks ago from when I went to Vegas.

beachdunes2.jpgBlack Widow2.jpgbluegrass.jpgisitright.jpg
Mantis2.jpgMosin.jpg
RiverB&W.jpgrapids1.jpg
shack2.jpgselfportrait.jpg
fountain.jpgparis.jpg

Jtedlin

Tested out something new, I had a very large time constraint but since I had just bought the filter I just had to do at least one attempt. But I bought an IR filter a few days ago and it just got in, I should of waited for a better subject matter and took the proper time to set up this shot but I was on my lunch break and a tad impatient when I get new things.

I need to work on my Post processing as well with this, but like I said, first time, and rushed, so I can only get better from this.

Original
Test1.jpg

Editied
Test1.jpg

FastGlass

To all the 3100 shooters out there that want to upgrade thinking by doing so will make your photos look like these. No need. Learn to use your camera. It has awesome potential.

bigal1000

Tested out something new, I had a very large time constraint but since I had just bought the filter I just had to do at least one attempt. But I bought an IR filter a few days ago and it just got in, I should of waited for a better subject matter and took the proper time to set up this shot but I was on my lunch break and a tad impatient when I get new things.

I need to work on my Post processing as well with this, but like I said, first time, and rushed, so I can only get better from this.

Original
View attachment 74760

Editied
View attachment 74759

Why is the original file red ?

Jtedlin

Thank you to everyone for the kind words, I have been striving to learn more and more and luckily this is the type of thing where you learn by doing and testing and trying new things which makes it just that much better to me (as well as others who learn the same way I do).

I took this photograph yesterday during my lunch hour, I needed to be alone and a walk along the river through the woods was the best idea I have had in a while for that. But I hope you guys like it, so far it is my favorite photograph I have taken, and I was so happy with how it turned out.

cut me down.jpg