train station, railway station or a railroad station

Vincent

I uploaded the picture for the monthly competition but found out it was taken in the wrong month.
Then I tried to find a thread like this and could not find it, so decided to create one.

Station of Esch - Belval in country Luxembourg:

gare_d_esch_belval.jpg

Sandpatch

Wow -- that's an amazing contemporary structure Vincent! At the other end of the scale we have the modest former Milwaukee Road depot at Spaulding, IL as taken in 1976. The structure burned shortly after I took this photo. [Nikkormat FTn, Plus X Print Film].

1976 Spaulding IL Depot.jpg

zain

p443891893-4.jpg
The Old Kuala Lumpur Railway Station, built in 1910 with Mughal architectural style, was named one of the 26 most beautiful railway stations in the world by Architectural Digest in its online publication. The list can be found here.

This old railway station has been replaced with a modern station, KL Sentral, but it still serves as a train station for Electric Komuter Train connecting stations in and surrounding Kuala Lumpur

davebike

Another old and odd Dungeness Narrow gage station the Brick built building is the cafe and offices Station is the wooden "shed"

Last edited:

Sandpatch

Really interesting davebike -- thank you. I looked this line up and I think it's 15 Inch gauge, which is very unusual. How neat that a portion of it survives!

davebike

Yes Romey Hythe and Dymchurch Light Railway I get some live mini steam one day :D
All along the coast and though the marsh
Add the Royal Military canal built as a defence against France 1790/1800
Great bit of the UK

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I uploaded the picture for the monthly competition but found out it was taken in the wrong month.
Then I tried to find a thread like this and could not find it, so decided to create one.

Station of Esch - Belval in country Luxembourg:

gare_d_esch_belval.jpg

Can't believe this is the first time I've seen this thread.

Nice one, Vincent! This looks like something I'd see in a sci-fi movie! Thanks for posting it. :)

Sandpatch

From my pre-digital post-Kodachrome Fujifilm era in April 2011, the former Seaboard Air Line Railroad station in Hamlet, NC. Hamlet remains a major junction on today's CSX. The line was indeed named with an Air Line in its name. In the 1880s when the SAL was beginning it's assemblage of lines, an "air line" was a straight route. The SAL evolved into a large system in the southeastern U.S. with 4,000 Miles of line.

My Dad told me a story from the early 1960s when he called a taxi to pick him up at the Seaboard Air Line station. The dispatcher sent the cabbie to the airport. :D

2011-04-14 Hamlet NC Depot - FOR UPLOAD.jpg

Last edited:

Sandpatch

From 09/1997 is this low rez scan of a CSX train passing the former Pittsburgh & Lake Erie station in Pittsburgh. The P&LE is now owned by CSX, but it was once known as The Little Giant, made wealthy by its service to many of the area's steel mills.

1997-09-26 Pittsburgh PA - for upload.jpg

zain

Ipoh Railway Station, Ipoh, Malaysia. (Ipoh is the city 200km north of Kuala Lumpur)

p26144729-4.jpg
Ipoh Railway Station

p866306383-4.jpg
​Ipoh Railway Station