Hi from Ohio

Warlock

Hi, my name is Bill and I have been doing photography since I was a kid. My Mom (a single Mom) scrimped and saved and got me a 35MM Yashica which I used with great enthusiasm, especially, when I became the photographer for our school newspaper. After graduating High School I was off to the military and Korea in particular. While I was in Korea I got my first Nikon. I got a Nikon FE with several lenses. I brought that camera home with me and started shooting weddings and portraits. I traded the FE in on an FE2 and a Mamiya RB67 (my “pocket” camera) I still have both of those cameras but I haven't used either in years. Life interfered with my shooting and I got a “real” job to satisfy my wife and her need to feed the herself, the kids and I. I continued to shoot weddings and portraits for a while but eventually quit shooting weddings because of the stress involved then portrait work stopped too. I got into a real funk with the advent of digital photography, got myself a 14MP point and shoot and used it because I couldn't afford a DSLR and to be honest I was ( and still am I guess) a film snob and was convinced that digital will never get to the same quality as film. Well, I had a windfall not too long ago and decided I wanted to get back into photography and when a “deal of the day” for a D3200 kit came in my email I bit. So now I am shooting with my D3200 and enjoying it a lot. Once I shoot something I think is worthwhile I put it out there. Oh yeah, still a kid...I'm 13 with 43 years of experience. I hope to learn a lot on the site. I have already picked up a few things just lurking. :)