New 85 1.8G

singlerosa_RIP

Took advantage of Nikon's lens rebate to add the 85 1.8G to my kit. Here's a 3 light (SB-800s) selfie - D600, ISO 100, f/5.6, 1/125 sec. Main light 1/4 power, fill & back light 1/8 power. SOOC - I'm a bit too far to the left of the frame, but was just goofing around. Next time, I'll comb my hair and have on a different color shirt.

DSC_6502.jpg

ShootRaw

It is an awesome lens..Sold mine to get the Nikon 24mm-70mm 2.8 I needed..Saving for the Nikon 85mm 1.4 :} You will enjoy this lens..

mikeh32217

Congrats on the new lens and the great shot.
I bought a used one a while back and really like it, although haven't used it much this winter.

rocketman122

you are not too far to the left. the only thing you need to do next time is rotate the camera counterclockwise just a bit. the will bring your head back to the right and ur body will sit fine. your body is fine, youre just leaning forward with your head but your body is just perfect in terms of composition. enjoy the lens.

im fighting with myself everyday not to buy it. IQ its a bit better than the very good 1.8D I have now but the slow AF will be something that bothers me. and I could sell my AFD here for a very small lose. but I cant do it. I can deal with the build but the speed is slow. although my pro friend says its fine. enjoy the lens.