A-Birding I Will Go......

480sparky

A-Birding I Will Go......

(don't expect much!)

So this morning I thought I check out a bird blind at a local park. Being winter, I fully expected it to have empty, desolate feeders. I pulled off the road to see no human-made tracks.

As I made my way back to the blind, the only tracks I saw were wildlife. Lots of deer and even more small critters. Oh well, I thought, at least I'll see if the seating that's in the blind will work or if I need to bring my own seating arrangements.

As I approached the blind, my ears were filled with the cacophony of bird songs. I arrived to find the feeders somewhat full, and birds everywhere!

So I decided to give the gimbal head a trial run, cold as it was and I didn't dress all that warm. Good thing I always bring it!

I set it all up, and waited for the birds to return. I managed to take these before the low temps got the best of me:

BirdOutingNo1_Post.jpg

BirdOutingNo2_Post.jpg

BirdOutingNo3_Post.jpg

BirdOutingNo4_Post2.jpg

BirdOutingNo5_Post.jpg

At this point, I was cold, so I packed up and headed back to the truck. But on my way out of the park, the elk were out. So I couldn't pass up a chance for a shot.

BirdOutingNo6_Post.jpg

mikew_RIP

Whats your thoughts on the gimbal head,i find carrying a tripod hard work then using it too slow with a ball head so was considering a gimbal,my thought beeing if it was easier to use i may consider taking the tripod with me.
Ime looking at the Benro GH2

BenroGimbalGH2_HeadGH-2-862x1024.jpg