Hi all! :)

Lauriah

Hi there,:)
I am new to this forum and also new to photography. (Besides the usual smile for the camera family shots and photos of my dogs) :D Before I received my Nikon D3200 for Christmas from my family I was using a small Sony Cybershot point and shoot. :D I am thrilled with my new camera! (However my family's expectations of seeing award winning photographs in the near future, have me reminiscing on that old familiar dream I used to have about showing up to school and finding myself facing a major exam I knew nothing about, and didn't study for!) :eek::indecisiveness:
So many fancy buttons to choose, I too am a bit overwhelmed with all the options, but I am also eager to meet you knowledgeable photographers and hope to learn more by reading your posts and speaking to you all. I hope to take a few classes when they come up, and I am excited to see what photos I might be able to capture in the future! :p

RON_RIP

Welcome to our forum. Study your manual closely and practice, practice, practice. Modern dslr's are awesome teaching tools giving instant feedback about each photo you take. And of course you can find answers here to many other photo questions that might otherwise stump you. You are embarking on a great journey filled with self discovery.

Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

I recently accidentally loaded a photo here that I had done 3 cameras ago. When someone pointed it out to me I decided to find it and reprocess it. I can't believe how bad it was all those years ago. I have learned a lot from the people here.

Shoot a lot of photos, check this forum every day and look at all the great and not so great photos and ask questions. And post a lot of your own photos for us to see.

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.