Post your Studio Photography

wud

Liking this studio photography better and better, the more I do it. Am hoping someone to find others who wanna share photos and random talk about it :)

Product shots are welcome too (also studio set up at home, of course).

I'll post some images in a second.

wud

In Denmark we got some pretty long seconds :p

Here is some of what I've done in studio so far, mostly working with 2 lamps and settings around: iso 200, f/8, 1/125-1/160.

holger_5944_web.jpg

annika_5683_web5.jpg

pernilles_5841_web.jpg

annika_5708_web3.jpg

per_9784_web.jpg

studie_theresa_7687_web.jpg

heidi-kjeldgaard-0176_web_774099.jpg

tulle_6107_web_mai.jpg

heidi-kjeldgaard-0287_web.jpg

lulu_5248_web.jpg

kuuna_1870_web.jpg

heidi-kjeldgaard-0261_web.jpg

hewlett_0200_web_79468.jpg

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Good stuff Mai.

I have just about everything that I need for studio except for grids and a light meter.

I am considering in getting a honey grid for my octobox and/or for my 7" standard silver reflector but I am not sure which degree to get as far as controlling the light. Probably 20 degrees will be a good start.

The reason why I am hesitating is because I have not placed any priority in doing studio type photography with other people. This is more of a means for me to explore and learn for my own benefit and not to earn any income out of it.

Paul C. Buff - 7-inch Standard Reflector

Mike D90

Very impressive stuff Mai! You really do have some beautiful work! Actually, you are my inspiration for pet photography!

Here is my second attempt at a studio type portrait (of myself) using one primary light off camera (brolly box) and a key light (beauty dish) above camera.

Self Portrait 8.jpg

ShootRaw

Good stuff Mai.

I have just about everything that I need for studio except for grids and a light meter.

I am considering in getting a honey grid for my octobox and/or for my 7" standard silver reflector but I am not sure which degree to get as far as controlling the light. Probably 20 degrees will be a good start.

The reason why I am hesitating is because I have not placed any priority in doing studio type photography with other people. This is more of a means for me to explore and learn for my own benefit and not to earn any income out of it.

Get the cyber commander for your meter/trigger..I started with a 10 degree grid for the Einstein with reflector..Great for hairlight or spot on the face..

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Get the cyber commander for your meter/trigger..I started with a 10 degree grid for the Einstein with reflector..Great for hairlight or spot on the face..

I did before and returned it. I find it too complicated for me to use. I am more comfortable adjusting the power of each strobe manually than going through the menu with that thing.

wud

Good stuff Mai.

We got one like that in the studio but I haven't used it yet, as I love working with soft boxes. Maybe I should try it and the umbrella next time I go there.

I didn't think I would enjoy studio as much as I am starting to do.. The images are so clear and clean.

Sent from Tapatalk

wud

Very impressive stuff Mai! You really do have some beautiful work! Actually, you are my inspiration for pet photography!

Here is my second attempt at a studio type portrait (of myself) using one primary light off camera (brolly box) and a key light (beauty dish) above camera.

View attachment 72336

I would like a little more contrast? The image looks a little flat I think. But well done :)

Sent from Tapatalk

Teio

Really nice pictures mate! Specially the pet ones! Good stuff!

Here are two pictures I took of my wife, inspired in the movie Black Swan, interpreting the black and white swan respectively.

ajuqy9u5.jpg

daby6e7y.jpg

Flash was shot through an umbrella at camera upper left and she was holding a reflector by her chest.

Make up and hair all done by her.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wud

Here are two pictures I took of my wife, inspired in the movie Black Swan, interpreting the black and white swan respectively.

ajuqy9u5.jpg

daby6e7y.jpg

Flash was shot through an umbrella at camera upper left and she was holding a reflector by her chest.

Looks very good! I really like the subtle blur you got on the ear/back of the head and on the body. She is also really pretty!

Teio

Looks very good! I really like the subtle blur you got on the ear/back of the head and on the body. She is also really pretty!

Thanks! I really like this picture, put a huge effort into that, but it was totally worth it!

wud

So, finally been to the studio, it was a tough one - long haired dogs and f/8 are not the best combination. Things were way to sharp.
After a while, I found glamour glow in Nik Effects, that helped me out a lot!

This was what I wanted to work on, black on black:

sortehunde.jpg

And a 'normal' shot of the dogs - the first one I like myself, the last one, imaging how hard it was to focus on the eyes :black_eyed:

ditte_johansen-4752_web.jpg

michellebuch-4633_web.jpg

louisemeinert-4862_web.jpg

Not all black, he came together with the first dog.

ditte_johansen-4696_web.jpg

wud

And btw, how do I know which trigger to get for the lamps, as those Youngnuo triggers I have, doesn't seem to work??

dukatum

These are really nice shots, and I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into getting the make-up arranged and setting up the lighting.
I am wondering what the green outline is though, Its all around the body edge?

ajuqy9u5.jpg

daby6e7y.jpg