Forum for studio photography?

wud

Been thinking, is it possible there could be a forum, just like Portrait, Landscape etc, for studio photography?

FastGlass

I sorta agree with Don. Studio photography is all about doing portraits and lighting. Lighting is the most important aspect of taking portraits. You can do allot using just one light.
But start introducing 2,3 or 4 lights and things really start looking incredible.

wud

Pretty much covered already in portrait or lighting. Depends on what you want to do in the studio

Portrait outside and portrait in a studio, are very different imo. And studio also covers more creative stuff - I don't think my pregnancy shots are portraits, for example.

Also there is product shots, I would categorize that as studio as well.

I know there is a lighting section, that just seems like a place to ask questions, but do you think that would be the right place for placing a thread called portraits, done in studio?

BackdoorArts

I see wud's point, for sure, in that there are aspects of studio photography that go beyond just those aspects of doing portraits and how to light things, and having them all in one place would be nice for folks wanting to work on those things.

That said, if there were a Studio forum in addition to the current structure it would make it difficult to figure out where you wanted to post something about portrait lighting in the studio as there are now 3 places where you can post it, and 3 places you need to search to look for something.

I thought, at one time, there was a tagging system available here (I remember someone tagging one of my posts at one time and being surprised by it), but while I can see Tags in the Search function I can't find anywhere to add them? Not that anyone would think to use it, but perhaps tagging posts with "studio" or whatever other related tag is appropriate would help?

carguy

I see wud's point, for sure, in that there are aspects of studio photography that go beyond just those aspects of doing portraits and how to light things, and having them all in one place would be nice for folks wanting to work on those things.

That said, if there were a Studio forum in addition to the current structure it would make it difficult to figure out where you wanted to post something about portrait lighting in the studio as there are now 3 places where you can post it, and 3 places you need to search to look for something.

I thought, at one time, there was a tagging system available here (I remember someone tagging one of my posts at one time and being surprised by it), but while I can see Tags in the Search function I can't find anywhere to add them? Not that anyone would think to use it, but perhaps tagging posts with "studio" or whatever other related tag is appropriate would help?

I agree. From a site moderation/organization standpoint there will be confusion and more work in involved.

You can be sure to use keywords, like studio, in posts to make it easier for others to find the thread when they use the search feature :)

Deezey

Hmmm....maybe you could start a Studio Group. And depending on how active that group became, then maybe bring it out into the forum?

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

http://nikonites.com/feedback-suggestions/20380-how-add-tags-your-posts.html#post263647

Also there is a section below each thread where you can add/edit tags

tags.JPG

Last edited:

wud