third party battery grip for D7100

doypidz

I ordered on online shop a third party china made battery grip for my nikon d7100.my worry is can this cheap accessories can handle the stress on the connector point if i hang this on my camera strap? Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Moab Man

Re: third party battery grip

I have one (Meike) and it works, they seem to be hit and miss, but I would not trust it to hang my camera by. When I tripod mount and flip the camera vertical it is just not that solid. It has to do with the fact the Chinese ones don't fit like a glove as the nikon one does.

Last edited:

Ron Carlson

I purchased the Meike battery grip through Amazon for my D7100 and love it. It fits perfectly, I never take it off the camera, unless I'm cleaning the camera. I use it on my tripod and even my flash bracket. Mine too came from China. I've had it since July and have not had one issue with it. The vertical grip fits well in my hand.

DraganDL

A month ago I purchased a D7000. A week after that, I stumbled upon a nice offer of a brand-new replica of MB-11 (50 Euro) which I just could not resist. It looks, feels and is functioning EXACTLY like original (I compared it to my friend's original MB-D10 used with his D300). So, don't worry at all, I say...

Cee Fish

I have the grip made by Neewer ($40 on eBay). It feels good but does not fit as flush as I'd expect the Nikon version to fit.
It also has some flex to it, I don't think it utilizes magnesium like the Nikon does...

I ordered a Nikon unit today from Adorama, I'll do a full report once it arrives.

*Edit to add. I have a black rapid strap and didn't feel comfortable hanging the camera from the grip screw...seemed to flex too much.

Jonathan

I have one on each of my D3100 and D7100. On the latter I have switched my sling strap from the tripod screw to the inbuilt ring on the top side.

Goodgulf the Wizard

I purchased the Pixel battery grip for my D7100 as it was the most recommended one on all the forums.
It's a bit of a rip-off the battery grip is almost 1/3 the price of the D7100!

rocketman122

I purchased the Pixel battery grip for my D7100 as it was the most recommended one on all the forums.
It's a bit of a rip-off the battery grip is almost 1/3 the price of the D7100!

what the pixel grip or the nikon grip? the pixel is $84, and that is higher than a meike at $50.

Patrick M

If you're using the tripod screw in a hand grip, then I'd strongly urge the use of a tether.

My BR tether connects from the camera strap loop to the BR strap, so should the unlikely happen (ie the tripod screw undoes) then you'll not drop the camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: