Stupid question (Neck Strap)

Hondjie

Hey guys,

This might seem like a pretty stupid post, but I want to know if I buy a D610 if it comes with a Nikon D610 neck strap or is it just a boring Nikon one? :)
And with the D610 neck strap I mean, it says Nikon D610 on the strap itself.

Regards

grandpaw

Hey guys,

This might seem like a pretty stupid post, but I want to know if I buy a D610 if it comes with a Nikon D610 neck strap or is it just a boring Nikon one? :)
And with the D610 neck strap I mean, it says Nikon D610 on the strap itself.

Regards

It probably does but the first thing I would do is to put a shoulder strap on the camera and leave the Nikon pain in the neck strap in the box.

Hondjie

It probably does but the first thing I would do is to put a shoulder strap on the camera and leave the Nikon pain in the neck strap in the box.
Do you have any good Shoulder Straps you can recommend, I use my normal neck strap on my D5100 as a wrist strap most of the time because it's a pain in the ass?

Horoscope Fish

I love my BosStrap, personally. I use a carabiner to connect it directly to the strap-lug, though, without using the usual BosTail. It's a simple, flexible, elegant solution that doesn't screw around with QD plates or use the tripod socket.

That being said, I also love my Black Rapid wrist strap.

Last edited:

grandpaw

Do you have any good Shoulder Straps you can recommend, I use my normal neck strap on my D5100 as a wrist strap most of the time because it's a pain in the ass?

I use a Carry Speed Strap but Black Rapid makes a good one and there are several others. It is not only more comfortable it doesn't advertise the fact to would be thieves that you have a Nikon camera worth stealing. Letting everyone know that you have a Nikon camera will not help you take better pictures.

Hondjie

I love my BosStrap, personally. I use a carabiner to connect it directly to the strap-lug, though, without using the usual BosTail. It's a simple, flexible, elegant solution that doesn't screw around with QD plates or use the tripod socket.

That being said, I also love my Black Rapid wrist strap.

I use a Carry Speed Strap but Black Rapid makes a good one and there are several others. It is not only more comfortable it doesn't advertise the fact to would be thieves that you have a Nikon camera worth stealing. Letting everyone know that you have a Nikon camera will not help you take better pictures.

Thanks, will have a look at these two, much appreciated guys, thanks for the advice :)

Mfrankfort

First thing I did on my D600 was get a D3x strap so people thought I was rich. I just let it hang out my camera bag when I walked around. hahaha. Kidding. It'll say 610 on it... but they're pretty cheap and not the most comfortable. Check out Black Rapid straps. Really comfortable.

Hondjie

Was trying to figure out if it said D610 on it so I would know what to do with my old neck strap from my D5100.
Sorry if I don't find this as a waste of space because as you can see in my first post I asked a specific question about a specific strap, did not ask which strap to otherwise use until my first question was answered :)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Was trying to figure out if it said D610 on it so I would know what to do with my old neck strap from my D5100.
Sorry if I don't find this as a waste of space because as you can see in my first post I asked a specific question about a specific strap, did not ask which strap to otherwise use until my first question was answered :)

No worries. I consider Nikon straps to be junk but some might like them. They don't provide any comfort at all but that is just my opinion.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Yes, the Nikon strap includes the D610 on it. While people might like the Nikon straps, a person wearing one becomes a walking billboard--not such a great idea if someone is in a not-so-good neighborhood or area. I switched to using a Tamrac strap which has padded suede around the neck; however, one of the reasons why I like it is because it uses a similar type of webbing that goes through the camera's strap lugs. Although it uses this similar webbing, it does secure differently than Nikon's straps.

The Nikon straps from my N90s and N70 only say Nikon. No specific camera model.

MrF

I swapped my Nikon strap out for an OpTech strap with a nice, wide neoprene pad on it. It's significantly more comfortable. I've never really fully subscribed to the "I don't want people to know what model camera I have because of the strap" theory. If someone is smart enough to know that a D800 is a juicier target than a D3100, they know enough to tell by looking at the camera regardless of the strap. To anyone else, a DSLR is a DSLR which equals expensive, so you'd likely be viewed as a target from the large camera around your neck more than the strap.

Of course, comfort could always be worse. The strap on the FG I used to shoot was plastic and about 1/2" wide. A heavy lens on that would get uncomfortable quick.

WayneF

I've put the Op/Tech Pro straps on my cameras too, and also the camera bag version on my bags. They are significantly more comfortable.