Black dots on photos

sr20det13

When I take photos, And I look at them on my computer, I get black dot on my photos. What does that mean? How can I fix it? I've checked the lens and the inside of the camera. I NEED HELP, ASAP! Thanks you.

kluisi

Re: Helpppp!!!!! Asapppp!!!!!!

When I take photos, And I look at them on my computer, I get black dot on my photos. What does that mean? How can I fix it? I've checked the lens and the inside of the camera. I NEED HELP, ASAP! Thanks you.

Dust on the sensor?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Pretzel

Hrrrm. Sounds like a bit of dirt on the sensor... sometimes just a tiny speck makes a big dot at 100%. Could be dust inside the lens. Might be something else altogether. Hard to diagnose something like that on a forum, to be honest.

Have you cleaned your computer screen? :D (I jest, I jest...)

Horoscope Fish

Sounds like what you probably need a sensor cleaning. It's a pretty routine thing to need to have done... You can take your camera a professional shop and have it cleaned for you for a fee, or you can do it yourself with a kit. Just google sensor cleaning kit/instructions, what have you.

A couple other things that might work is using the internal cleaning function if your camera supports it. You don't mention which camera you have so I can't tell if you if it does or not. You might have a dirt/dust on your camera's mirror as well. This is normally cleaned with a blower brush. Just goole "cleaning a dslr" and you should find detailed instructions for this...

Here... found you a video that will show you how to clean the mirror and/or sensor.

gqtuazon

Gear Head

At this point, no one here will be able to help you physically to clean your D80 camera sensor. You can either follow the video tutorial or send it to a camera repair shop to have the sensor clean. It is also possible that you might be using an older lens that has sucked a few dust inside the lens. We are all speculating since you DID NOT provide any images to make a better assessment to help you narrow down what your concerns are.

sr20det13

My sensor was dusty, and I used a turkey baster and a really soft paint brush. And took my lens off and just cleaned it that way lol.

everprentice

My sensor was dusty, and I used a turkey baster and a really soft paint brush.

Did you clean your sensor with them? Sensors are sensitive electronic components and should be handled with extreme care. Next time use a blower bulb and swabs for sensor cleaning. It's a small price to pay considering the expensive Nikon repairs.