Ground Pods?

Scott Murray

Who here uses a ground pod for their wildlife photography? The reason why I ask is that I am thinking of making my own and was looking for input from others. There are plenty of ones you can buy but they look very easy to make.

Deezey

Who here uses a ground pod for their wildlife photography? The reason why I ask is that I am thinking of making my own and was looking for input from others. There are plenty of ones you can buy but they look very easy to make.

Holly heck! I had no idea what you were talking about so I did a quick search. They were charging 99 bucks for a furniture mover disk with a post mounted on it? Man I am in the wrong buisness.

To make one I would just go to a hardware store abd buy a furniture moving kit that contains some of those plastice movers disks. Then just make a bracket and boom. Done.

Scott Murray

Holly heck! I had no idea what you were talking about so I did a quick search. They were charging 99 bucks for a furniture mover disk with a post mounted on it? Man I am in the wrong buisness.

To make one I would just go to a hardware store abd buy a furniture moving kit that contains some of those plastice movers disks. Then just make a bracket and boom. Done.

I was thinking of making one out of a cheap aluminium frying pan ;-) or some parts that I may be able to source here at work.

Deezey

I was thinking of making one out of a cheap aluminium frying pan ;-) or some parts that I may be able to source here at work.

You know what? A frying pan would do the trick. Maybe use a 3/8 inch bolt thru it. Then you could use any old tripod head you have laying around. You just need to clear the lip of the pan. Hmmmm....i have an old frying pan. Or a trip to Goodwill may be in order.

Scott Murray

You know what? A frying pan would do the trick. Maybe use a 3/8 inch bolt thru it. Then you could use any old tripod head you have laying around. You just need to clear the lip of the pan. Hmmmm....i have an old frying pan. Or a trip to Goodwill may be in order.

Yeah either that or some marine ply.

Scott Murray

That looks good @Lawrence, the reason why I am considering a flat based which is curved is so that I can work in sandy/muddy areas. I think the legs on that on in the video would sink some what and that is not ideal in soft ground. I will be looking around the shed for old plastic lids etc or even an old frying pan or cheap new frying pan for my design. Something similar to this - home made skimmer or ground pod - Australian Photoholics Forum or this · Ground Pod How to: