Were copyright settings changed?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I uploaded a few photos as attachments but am not able to right-click and open them in a new tab. I don't have any settings enabled which prohibit copyrighted photos from being displayed this way, and it used to work for me. Have settings behind the scenes been changed?

It used to be if you uploaded a photo in someone else's thread, there wasn't any control over who could open the photos in a new browser--it seems like that is no longer the case. Just wondering if it is me, or is it the forum as a whole now? And I'm not talking about photos that are linked from other sites--just the photos that are uploaded directly into a thread.

Thanks for any info! ;)

BackdoorArts

That said, I'm getting a weird error now in Firefox where when I click on the Post button I get asked whether I want to stay on the page or leave, as if I'm exiting with content yet to be posted - and while it looks as if I haven't posted yet I do, because when I click Post again I get a duplicate post warning. Just rebooted to see if that clears things up, but I won't know until I hit this button....

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
That said, I'm getting a weird error now in Firefox where when I click on the Post button I get asked whether I want to stay on the page or leave, as if I'm exiting with content yet to be posted - and while it looks as if I haven't posted yet I do, because when I click Post again I get a duplicate post warning. Just rebooted to see if that clears things up, but I won't know until I hit this button....

I just read where a few other people were having difficulties posting which is probably due to the server change.

BTW, last night AFTER posting this thread, I changed my settings to indicate it isn't okay for people to edit my photos. I made that decision after seeing so many members just editing other people's photos even when the people weren't asking for photo feedback. In one case, the OP's settings indicated it wasn't okay to edit their photos, but a member went ahead and did it anyway stating the OP wanted feedback--so he was bypassing the no-edit choice. When that happens, it clearly seems like a lack of respect although those who are doing the editing probably won't see it that way.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Is this still happening? I haven't changed anything with how this works but it's possible the update did something funny.

sent from my phone